Not receiving all my text messages

texting

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. I am on the 1GB data plan. I got my phone in July and have been with RW for 3+ years.

What phone do you have?
What plan are you on?
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

Within the last couple weeks, I have not been receiving all of my texts. I don’t know what all I have missed, but I know I have missed several from my kids. Since this issue started, I downloaded Republic Anywhere and I seem to get the missing texts on my desktop (do not get notifications, but will be there if I check for them), but not my cell phone. I’ve missed some important texts. Please help!

Hi, sorry to hear you’re having this issue! Are you also using Republic Anywhere on your cell or are you using another texting app?

1 Like

I have Anywhere set as my texting app on my phone, but I just set it that way yesterday. The desktop shows all the texts, the phone doesn’t even if they came in since I changed the app to Anywhere.

I’m going to recommend you open a ticket. Given the issue you’re describing, I don’t believe it is something the community is going to be able to help with. Help Ticket | Republic Wireless

2 Likes

Thanks for your help. I will.

Very similar issue on a Samsung S7 edge. Getting some but not all texts. Using the the google text app “Messages”. Please post solution if you get one. Thanks, Tony

I recently went through the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S7 using the google text app “Messages”. Here’s the steps I took:

1. Download the Republic Anywhere App to your phone.
  2. Disable the Google “Messaging” App (it’s garbage), and make Republic Anywhere App the default.
  3. If you can, download the Republic Anywhere App to another device. I downloaded it to my Windows 10 computer, and I was able to recover all the missing text messages over the past 4 weeks. The missing text were downloaded only to my computer though, not my phone.

After testing for a couple days, I seem to be receiving all my texts again on my phone. I’m verifying by checking with my computer and contacts. However, I feel your pain, it was maddening to see all the missing texts pop up on my computer, and all the friends I had to reach out to for damage control.

Best wishes.

2 Likes

^loud articulated my issues perfectly and the steps I have taken. RW help ticket had me do the following:

Kiel (Republic Help)
Oct 31, 5:08 PM EDT

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know.

We need to be certain that your phone has the latest Republic app update installed. To do so, please follow the steps below:

Open your device’s Play Store app.

Tap Menu My apps & games.

Scroll through the list and tap Update next to Republic.

We’d like to ensure that your device is activated properly on the Republic Wireless network.

To do this, please follow the instructions below:

First, please make sure the phone is connected to WiFi.
Next, open the phone app, and then dial * # * # 8647 # * # *.
On Samsung devices, you will need to press the dial button to complete this process.
Wait about a minute; if the solid arc does not appear in your notification bar at the top of the phone, please power the phone off and back on.
The solid arc should appear after the reboot.

To view a video showing this process, please click here.

Please let us know if this helps. Thank you for being a member of Republic Wireless. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Kiel

It seems to be working. Again, I don’t know what I’m not getting, but no one has said anything about me not getting their texts.

closed #9

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer