Not receiving gmail notifications

What phone do you have?
Moto G5 Plus
What plan are you on?
My choice + 1gb
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Data

I am no longer receiving notifications for emails through gmail. My account is linked to the phone and I haven’t touched any settings at all, email just stopped coming in. I tested it by sending myself an email from PC and received nothing on my phone.

Hi @michaelc.tyirxe and welcome to the Member Community. Here’s a link to the Google Gmail help page for fixing sync errors with the Gmail Android app.

https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/2650727?hl=en

One of the troubleshooting steps is to reboot the phone. Have you rebooted the phone since this started?

See if any of this helps and come back if you have any questions or need more help.

1 Like

Along with what @freddyp suggested, check to see that the GMail app is up to date in Google Play Store. They’ve had a few updates recently. After updates are installed, restart the phone and see if it will sync.

1 Like

Is your problem limited to the notification that shows up on top left/ active notification that blinks on/off on the screen… or the email itself not coming through in gmail.

If it is the last item…as per your description…then this might be an issue with sync.
First thing to try would be…with a one finger slide from the top on the gmail screen? This forces a manual
sync of email. If that works…and you prefer automatic sync…then you need to check your sync settings
under
:menu: -> Settings -> (select your email address) -> Make sure Sync Gmail is checked
You can also review your notifications settings within the same menu

Hi @michaelc.tyirxe,

It has been a little over a week since you wrote to our Member Community about your Gmail notifications. Have you been able to get things working again?

Message an
Expert customer