Not receiving MMS from specific contact(s)

What phone do you have?
Moto E4 Plus

What plan are you on?
My Choice Talk & Text

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Just talk & text (I rarely add 1GB data when traveling)

Issue Description

I’m no longer receiving MMS messages from my wife’s phone. SMS is working fine. She is using a Pixel 4A on Verizon prepaid plan.
I’ve tried with sending a picture with/without text, and a group text message. No MMS comes through. It only stopped working during the past week.
On her phone the message appears to be sent as normal. Logging in to Verizon usage data shows an outgoing MMS. I know of 2 other people who aren’t receiving them either, but not sure if they’re also using Republic.
Lastly tried sending MMS from her phone to my Google Voice number, and all came through fine.

Thank you,
Randy

Can you please try this for me, although it seems like it shouldn’t be related:

1. Open the Messages App
  2. Click the three dots on the top right
  3. Click settings
  4. Click Chat Features
  5. Turn OFF “Enable Chat Features”

Try the messaging again.

1 Like

Hi @randonj Are you still having this issue? Did the steps I provided help?

We are having the same issue as the OP. Recently MMS with attached pic is not being received from a Verizon postpaid customer. MMS text is fine. MMS with a pic from WhatApp came through. I just disabled the chat feature as mentioned above & that still didn’t help. The phones affected are Moto g5 plus and moto g7. Both talk & text. No data. Anymore suggestions? Thanks!

Thank you for the suggestion. We turned it off, but the issue has persisted. Looks like it is just with pictures. Group MMS messages that are text only will still come through to my phone.

Hi @paulat.0p5ea5,

Let’s focus your troubleshooting in your separate topic: Not receiving MMS w/ pic from a Verizon customer, as sometimes it can be confusing trying to troubleshoot two with two people at once.

Duly noted though, that two Verizon users are having trouble sending MMS to RW.

Hi @randonj,

Can you tell us what text messaging app you’re using? Please tell us the name of the app (be precise, there are Messaging and Messages and Messenger apps galore) and the color of the icon.

I’m using Republic Anywhere.

She’s using the Google official Messages app (blue icon).

Hi @randonj,

Our engineers were able to identify a point in the path that text messages follow as they move from other carriers onto our network where there was a file size limit that interfering with the delivery of some text messages with photo attachments. They have resolved the issue.

Please ask your wife to text you a picture when it’s convenient, and let us know whether you receive it.

Hi @southpaw,

I’ve tested and it’s working now. Thank you so much for the fix!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer