Nothing will stop google assistant

SOLVED:
This was a TALK BACK issue not Google Assistant.

2 week old Moto G6 and today, my wifes phone is totally useless with every touch of the screen generating a stupid google assistant, tap double tap, long hold… nonsense and the instructions from Republic about : Swipe from the left-edge of the homescreen to open the Google Now Feed does not work as it seems the swipe/scroll function is not working only tap, double tap.

As I cannot even do the first sequence offered by RW, HTF am I supposed to get to a menu I have never seen?

Obviously we have shut down and powered up numerous times. I never want to see/hear and garbage from Google Assistant for the rest of my life.

Try this:

1. Open Google app on your device .
  2. Tap the three horizontal bar menu (more) to open navigation drawer » select Settings.
  3. Under Assistant label, tap Settings again.
  4. Select your phone under Assistant devices and toggle Google Assistant off to turn it off.
1 Like

Upon opening the Google App there are no 3 horizontal {hamburger} icons.

Also, on some menus I can see there are additional items at the bottom but I cannot scroll to them. There is no up/down arrow at the top to navigate.

Look at the bottom. Horizontal, not vertical dots.

You can always contact Motorola and have them walk you through it:

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/contactus

I found if I used the 2 finger method usually reserved for resizing, I could finally see Assistant Devices and I selected “Phone”.

I then deselected Google Assistant.

Assistant still running with all its stupid commands and still no scroll.

Are you sure you’re talking about Google Assistant, rather than TalkBack?

https://support.google.com/accessibility/android/answer/6007123?hl=en&ref_topic=3529932

3 Likes

Ah, bless you! That was it. Thanks a million.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer