Notification for a VM from a different phone #

What phone do you have? Moto G5Plus

What plan are you on? 34 dollar one…lol.

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Yes, includes data.

Issue Description

When I go out of service rang, I get a notification from a 214 area code # saying I have a new voicemail? When called, I have to enter a code and I don’t have a code. I don’t have to give a code to check VM on my reg. number. Someone has told me that they have left messages and I didn’t receive them. What could be causing this?

Hi @lisak.q9ib8t,

The 214 number is actually our voicemail service, so please don’t worry that you’re getting someone else’s voicemail.

What you’re describing sounds like a bug we have seen only a few times, and our engineers do not yet have enough information to investigate.

Could you please tell me what you mean by “when I go out of service rang”?

Are you able to check voicemail using visual voicemail? See: Alternate ways to check voicemail

Yes, so when I go out of cell range…and when I return, I get a message that there is a voicemail from a 214 number, but it prompts me to use a code.

Thanks @lisak.q9ib8t,

I think you are the first person describing the issue to mention that it seems to be triggered by returning to cellular coverage from an area of no coverage.

I’m hoping when you started your reply to me that the “Yes” means yes you can still check voicemail with visual voicemail.

If it’s okay with you, I’d like to create a ticket on your behalf so we can add your information to the investigation, and also to follow up there with you about your cellular coverage, because I think we may be able to improve that. I’ll need to create that ticket in the account owner’s name. (I have the information I’d need, just want to be sure it’s okay with you that I do that before I get started.)

Yes, that is great. I would like to be able to see what voicemails are not being checked.
Thank you.
Lisa

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer