Number Transfer after the activation

How do I keep my number after I activated a new phone with a new number (by mistake)?

Is the number you wish to keep currently with Republic on another phone or with another service provider?

Yes, I’m a current Republic user just got a new phone (G6).

Thank you for the additional context! Typically, this happens as the result of using a Republic account other than the one housing the old phone or missing the step to move one’s number from old to new phone. Either way, the fix is a do over.

1. Cancel service to the new number on your new phone. Guidance from Republic here: How to Cancel Your Service – Republic Help
  2. Reactivate the new phone, this time being certain to sign into the Republic account housing your old phone, then select to move your existing number from old to new phone. Republic’s activation guidance is here: Activate Your Phone – Republic Help.

If your cancellation attempt results in a ticket being created for you, please return here and share the ticket number. With that information, I or another Ambassador can request the cancellation be expedited. You will not be able to reactivate your new phone and proceed with moving your current number until cancellation of the new number completes.

2 Likes

Thank you, rolandh!
I sent in the request and my fingers crossed. ;o

2 Likes

You’re most welcome! One of two things happens when one requests cancellation:

1. Cancellation takes place immediately.
  2. A ticket is created.

If two and you share the ticket number, I can ask that cancellation be expedited.

Or… I can sneak in ninja-style and take care of it personally… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer