This thread will collect your feature requests for the Republic Anywhere team.
In order for this thread to succeed, you’ll need to follow these guidelines:
- Post feature requests only. If a feature already exists but is not working as designed, that’s an issue. Please troubleshoot it in a separate Community thread or open a Support ticket. If you post an issue, complaint, bug, troubleshooting request, question, or other off-topic content, it will be removed from this thread.
- Read the thread before posting. Duplicate requests will be deleted.
- Post one feature request per post, so it’s clear what the “likes” apply to.
- Do not post, “me too” or “+1” replies. Those replies will be deleted. To express your agreement with an existing feature request, simply “like” the post. We’ll be watching those likes add up. Use the table of contents (below, in this post) to skim for features you’d like to vote on.)
- Be descriptive. Tell us whether the feature request applies to the phone app, the computer interface, neither, or both. Describe what the feature would allow you to accomplish.
- Please refrain from engaging in this thread on others’ requests. If you think the additional conversation is needed, either DM the person or begin a separate thread on the topic.
Note: Please do not post in this thread about having to log back in on a computer. This is a known issue, not a feature request. For that issue, please go to this thread, instead: Anywhere logs me out, I want to stay logged in
Table of Contents
(Thanks @PlaneTherapist for the idea of a Table of Contents)
Only requested features that have not yet been delivered are included in this list.
Make Anywhere a web interface accessible from a browser.
Anywhere as a Chrome Extension
Android Wear support
Linux version: SNAP package
Desktop version (Windows): Launch from program menu rather than task bar
Desktop version: Permanence in the system tray
Desktop version (Windows): No icon in taskbar; minimize to system tray
Phone version: Nougat app shortcuts
Phone version: Icon badging on supported phones
Make the Anywhere app available in the Amazon App Store
Interface configurations and appearance
Customize the look: add background, color themes, message bubble themes, configure contact colors.
Desktop version: Ability to size the message entry field
Desktop version: Configure notification sound
Phone version: Text bubbles need to use full available width
Phone version: Configure notification light color
Android version: Option to repeat notification until dismissed
iOS version: Muto outgoing sound
iOS version: Change notification sound
Search by date
Desktop version: Simplified archiving/deletion, like bulk actions.
Desktop version: Individual message deletion
Desktop version: Un-archive function
API to obtain and archive messages
Desktop version: Click the icon to see contact info
Desktop version: Contact sorting and frequents list
Desktop version: Add contact
Android version: Contact sync from the RW account
Schedule messages to send later
Desktop version: Grammarly integration and Spellcheck
Reply-to-sender option in group message
Group text to Google Contact Group
Add a new recipient to an existing thread
Upload of pictures taken on the call phone into the windows app, for quick attachment to an outgoing text
More attachment support
Better image storage options
Allow GIF attachments larger than 1 MB
Phone version: Attach saved video
Desktop version: Forward attachments
Account Management and Security
Desktop version: Switch numbers without logging out
Desktop version: Connect multiple phones simultaneously
Phone version: Download 30-days’ history on new activation
Identify the number message was sent to
Security lock for the app
Calling from the app
Computer version: Notification of incoming call
Calling: Move calls between Anywhere devices
Integration with third-party (OTT) messaging apps
Samsung-style Live Messages
Send text message on cell when Wi-Fi sending fails
Automatic Do Not Disturb while driving