Official Republic Anywhere Feature Request Thread

official
rw_anywhere

This thread will collect your feature requests for the Republic Anywhere team.

In order for this thread to succeed, you’ll need to follow these guidelines:

• Post feature requests only. If a feature already exists but is not working as designed, that’s an issue. Please troubleshoot it in a separate Community thread or open a Support ticket. If you post an issue, complaint, bug, troubleshooting request, question, or other off-topic content, it will be removed from this thread.
  • Read the thread before posting. Duplicate requests will be deleted.
  • Post one feature request per post, so it’s clear what the “likes” apply to.
  • Do not post, “me too” or “+1” replies. Those replies will be deleted. To express your agreement with an existing feature request, simply “like” the post. We’ll be watching those likes add up. Use the table of contents (below, in this post) to skim for features you’d like to vote on.)
  • Be descriptive. Tell us whether the feature request applies to the phone app, the computer interface, neither, or both. Describe what the feature would allow you to accomplish.
  • Please refrain from engaging in this thread on others’ requests. If you think the additional conversation is needed, either DM the person or begin a separate thread on the topic.

Note: Please do not post in this thread about having to log back in on a computer. This is a known issue, not a feature request. For that issue, please go to this thread, instead: Anywhere logs me out, I want to stay logged in

Table of Contents

(Thanks @PlaneTherapist for the idea of a Table of Contents)
Only requested features that have not yet been delivered are included in this list.

Platform support

Make Anywhere a web interface accessible from a browser.

Anywhere as a Chrome Extension

Chromebook support

Android Wear support

Linux version: SNAP package

Linux version: Background launch

Desktop version (Windows): Launch from program menu rather than task bar

Desktop version: Permanence in the system tray

Desktop version (Windows): No icon in taskbar; minimize to system tray

Desktop version: Suppress notifications for messages read on other endpoints.

Desktop version: App availability as Portable App

Desktop version: Stickers and Gifs

Phone version: Nougat app shortcuts

Phone version: Icon badging on supported phones

Make the Anywhere app available in the Amazon App Store

Interface configurations and appearance

Customize the look: add background, color themes, message bubble themes, configure contact colors.

Dark theme (all platforms)

Text formatting

Desktop version: Ability to size the message entry field

Desktop version: Configure notification sound

Phone version: Text bubbles need to use full available width

Phone version: Configure notification light color

Android version: Option to repeat notification until dismissed

iOS version: Muto outgoing sound

iOS version: Change notification sound

App Functions

Message organization

Search function

Search by date

Desktop version: Simplified archiving/deletion, like bulk actions.

Desktop version: Individual message deletion

Desktop version: Un-archive function

API to obtain and archive messages

Signature footers

Hide/Unhide messages

Contact management

Desktop version: Click the icon to see contact info

Desktop version: Contact sorting and frequents list

Desktop version: Add contact

Android version: Contact sync from the RW account

User-configurable option to remove avatars

Message Composition

Schedule messages to send later

Desktop version: Grammarly integration and Spellcheck

Reply-to-sender option in group message

Group text to Google Contact Group

Add a new recipient to an existing thread

Bulk-send to many individuals at once (not group chat)

Bypass checkmark after contact entry

Default to mobile contact

Attachments

Upload of pictures taken on the call phone into the windows app, for quick attachment to an outgoing text

More attachment support

Better image storage options

Allow GIF attachments larger than 1 MB

Phone version: Attach saved video

Desktop version: Forward attachments

Desktop version: GIF menu

Account Management and Security

Desktop version: Switch numbers without logging out

Desktop version: Connect multiple phones simultaneously

Two-factor authentication

Phone version: Download 30-days’ history on new activation

Identify the number message was sent to

Blacklist

Number-blocking syncing

Security lock for the app

Delete from server

Calling
Calling from the app

Computer version: Notification of incoming call

Calling: Move calls between Anywhere devices

Other

Integration with third-party (OTT) messaging apps

Samsung-style Live Messages

Send text message on cell when Wi-Fi sending fails

Automatic Do Not Disturb while driving

Auto-retry when text send fails.

User-configurable swipe functions - archive, calling

Proxy

Republic Anywhere questions
Republic Anywhere recommendations
Initial Republic Anywhere Feedback
How to get Anywhere App icon to show how many unread messages
Republic Anywhere questions
Limit of 5 devices for republic anywhere?
Is there a way to change the colors in Republic Anywhere?
Group messages using sms instead of mms
Anywhere app for google chrome
Need a good Texting App?
Does Republic Anywhere work while roaming?
Anywhere for Chrome
Anywhere on Windows 10 Taskbar
Web based texting vs. thick app
Republic Anywhere Desktop Update Version 1.5.6 - 10/19/17
Republic Anywhere: Setting different notifications on computer vs. phone
Delete text history completly
Republic Wireless Anywhere - Don't waste your time
Republic Anywhere on iPad
Republic Wireless Anywhere - Don't waste your time
Republic Anywhere app Dark/Black theme?
Republic Anywhere - Currently Not Connected
Feature Request - Individual Text Message Delete on Desktop
Anywhere default to mobile?
Unique notifications for contacts in Anywhere
Feature Suggestion for RW Windows Messaging App
Locking text messages
Need Delete function for PC version of Anywhere
Locking text messages
Republic Anywhere App Feedback
Republic Anywhere App Feedback
Republic Anywhere Stickers and GIFs
Auto response in Anywhere app
Anywhere supported media types
Limit of 5 devices for republic anywhere?

You should make this available to use as a web interface, like at anywhere.republicwireless.com signing in with your RW credentials, so people can use it at work where you may not be able to install anything to your work computer, or cannot use your personal electronic devices within the workplace.

Moderator’s note:
Additional comments on this idea:

Web based texting vs. thick app

I would love to be able to customize the look of the app…both for the computer app and the phone app, such as adding a background, a color theme, message bubble themes, etc. Also, on Android Messages, you can change the color of the contact you are texting, whereas in this app (on the phone), you can’t. So I would love to see more customization options.

An easier way to delete (or archive) messages. I know there’s a way to do that now, but it takes a long time. I would love to be able to select multiple threads at once to delete (or archive) them, or something along those lines. I actually really like that you archive instead of delete them in case you need them later.

More security. I would love a feature that lets you lock the app, and locks it when you haven’t used it for a disclosed amount of time. Setting a pin/password that you can quickly type to unlock it would be the easiest in my opinion instead of putting in the email and password associated with the account.

The ability to call people. I don’t know how feasible that is, but that would be an awesome feature. I know that Republic Anywhere is connected to your account and not your phone, so that makes it more challenging. But if it’s possible, that would be cool.

Accessing the phone screen when phone is broken. (Anywhere?)

The only thing so far the REALLY bothers me is that the message type box on PC- the actual space where your replies get typed- is very small, and can’t be resized. So you only end up being able to see a line and a half of text, which is not helpful. It really would be a nice change to be able to resize it, since PCs use tons of different font sizes, monitor sizes, resolutions, etc…

It appears that there is no Text Search in Anywhere. I think Anywhere is a great new tool but it’s genuinely confusing to me why anyone would develop a texting app that does not allow to text search within it.

Is a search utility forthcoming?? It’s a pretty basic function of a texting app.

Republic Anywhere does not have a way to search texts?

Can we get right click copy function?

Delivered in 1.1.8 on 7/10/17

RW Anywhere is awesome, and it just is so practical for me because I’ve been typing for around 17 years (over half my life. :open_mouth:). Anyways, if one makes/receives a group chat, and that person clicks on the people list, can you make it so that when they click on a person in that list that they can start a chat with that individual?

DELIVERED in 1.1.8 on 7/10/17

Republic anywhere is nice, but really a chrome extension would have been more appropriate:

Many if not most people work mostly in their browsers nowadays
Browser apps sync across computers - add it once and any new computer gets it automatically where a desktop app I have to go out and install
Cross platform
Auto-login
(Try MightyText or PushBullet to see what I mean on most of these things)
To be clear I’m not complaining about the desktop app, I just think it is a misuse of resources considering all the advantages of a chrome plugin.

Moderator’s note: The following comment was added as a separate post by @monicap, but since the rules of this thread ask that additional posts are not used to comment on existing feature request, I’m merging the comment in here and deleting the extra post:

I second this. Not having the chrome extension makes this a deal-breaker. For me, having to download and install on every new computer is too much of a barrier, since with Pushbullet all I need to do is sign into Chrome. Not to mention that with work computers, people are typically limited when installing desktop programs.

On the PC, there’s no way to see archived conversations. I found this out after I archived a whole bunch of conversations, then realized they had just vanished. I can see them on the phone, and unarchive them there (and they show up again on the PC). But I really wish the entire calling history would be visible on the PC.

On the PC, I wish you could click on a person’s icon and see their complete contact info, like you can on the phone.

I wish you could click on a person’s icon and start a voice or video call… like Apple facetime.

It would be helpful if the contacts were sorted on the PC. In the same vein, a ‘frequents’ list like in the phone app would be helpful.

In the phone app, when searching for a contact, all phone numbers are displayed for each person. This makes for a really long list to scroll through. It might be easier to choose the person and then the phone number from a dialog or expandable section.

Schedule Future Text Messages

I would like to be able to schedule text messages to go out at a future time. Perhaps I want to remind a friend to do something later today, but I know I’ll forget by the time that reminder needs to be sent. If I were able to schedule messages, I could write the text now, but schedule it so that it doesn’t go out until the appropriate time.

Also, in that feature, it should allow editing/deleting up to the point of sending. If I later realize that I have a typo it the message no longer needs to be sent, it would be nice to be able to make the necessary modifications before the send time.

I would like this in all versions of the app.

In the phone app, it would be nice if the text bubbles extended all the way to the far side of the screen, opposite the person the message is from. When the screen is vertical the bubbles are much too narrow, requiring a lot of scrolling. Other texting apps use more space horizontally for the text bubbles.

Moderator’s note:
Comment added by @aaronf.ttsxha:

Grammarly Integration on Computer App

It would be great if Grammarly worked in Anywhere on computers! Right now, I don’t see any sort of spell/grammar check active in my computer version.

If not Grammarly, at least some sort of spell/grammar check would be nice.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Anywhere logs me out, I want to stay logged in