Official Republic Anywhere Feature Request Thread

I am able to delete conversations on my Moto Z Play, but can only archive conversations on Anywhere on IOS and on my MacBook Pro. When I archive on IOS it does not sync with MacBook Pro, I have to manually archive on both IOS and MacBook. It would be helpful to be able to have the choice to either archive or delete on all devices.

7 Likes

Would love to be able to install the client on another Android phone (not tablet) that is connected to another carrier service. I have an LG G4 that I would love to install this app on to be able to send/receive texts from my RW account with, but the app in the Play store only works on RW phones. This would be useful for when a phone gets lost/broken/stolen.

Delivered in Anywhere for Android 1.1.35 on 9/6/2017

4 Likes

A feature I miss from another texting app was the ability to search chat history by date. You would click on any time-stamp and a calendar would pop out which allowed you go to a specific date. Way easier than continually scrolling through a very long conversation. Thanks for considering.

5 Likes

I only use a Chromebook–please make it available to use on a Chromebook. RW doesn’t support iPhones, so why did you start off with iOS and Windows rather than Chrome as platforms?

5 Likes

Delete should be permanent, and should be applicable across all platforms. I have deleted threads on my phone, only to continue to see them on my desktop app. Desktop app does not have a delete. Furthermore, when the person (whose thread you deleted) messages you again, ALL of their previous 500+ messages re-appear in both phone and desktop app. This is very frustrating as I don’t care about their messages from 10 months ago!

Delete is a two-step-confirmation process, and should permanently delete a message. Other messaging apps, including native Android messaging, deletes messages permanently. If I delete something and need it a year from now, oh-well. I’m not a fan of saving “everything” for the sake of saving it. It is the equivalent of hoarding.

Things I would really like to permanently delete are spam messages… or the coaches reminders of what uniform to wear tonight (I won’t care about that a week from now), auto-messages from apps, contests, or verification codes (that expire in 5-min anyway)… there zero reason to save those… ever. Posterity doesn’t care that my Bank’s confirmation code on April 4, 2017 was 865458!

Furthermore, if you delete a thread on phone, they still exist on the Windows App. If you archive the thread in Windows, and you get another text from that source (even if their previous thread was deleted on the phone)… it reappears IN FULL on Windows (and I’m sure you could recover them on the phone too)! So, they are never really deleted, in this sense. I would like DELETE to actually be permanent across platforms… I don’t like clutter of hundreds of threads (archived or not), as it is wasted space (and my time to clean them back up).

(Moderator’s note: Original post edited to remove requests that were confirmed already working or already requested in this thread. Please remember: One request per post, do not repeat requests, just “like” the same request where previously stated. Our developers can see a count of likes much more easily than they can tally up individual requests through a long thread.)

15 Likes

I have a situation at work where my phone states that it is sending text messages via cell, even though I’m connected to WiFi (this is due to my work’s WiFi settings). Even though it says it is sending messages over cell, if I try to send a text message, it states “Not sent. Tap to try again.” over and over again. If I turn off WiFi, it then will send.

It would be nice if a message failed to send via WiFi, it automatically attempted to send via cell.

12 Likes

Mute outgoing sound on ios app. Make same as Android - which has the feature.

I would very much like to see the Anywhere Linux client released as a SNAP package, thereby enabling it’s use on non-Debian based distros. I use Ubuntu MATE but keep one eye on the development of Solus. Truthfully, I only use Ubuntu because of Anywhere.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Does Republic Anywhere work while roaming?

Image/Photo Storage

There are several issues/areas for improvement with the handling of images within the Republic Anywhere application.

1. The default image save location should be “Pictures” not “Desktop”. Any subsequent image saved within the same session should remember the prior selection rather than the default.

2. The Messages app on Android allows you to save all the images in a message with a single action. The Republic Anywhere application on Windows requires you to save each image individually, which is quite annoying. Second, when you click on it to save it there is no indication which image you actually selected, though it does correctly save the one you clicked over.

3. Images should be stored with the file extension relating to the image type (presumably always JPG?) so you don’t need to enter the extension. The default image.jpg is inserted, but if you change the name you have to re-enter the .jpg extension. Use of the normal dialog boxes on windows would likely solve this.

5 Likes

I like to have Anywhere always appear on my Windows 10 taskbar (with the battery, wifi, and other icons on the right). I know how to switch it to always on in the taskbar settings. But every time the app is updated, I have to go in and set it again. This doesn’t happen with other app updates (Dropbox, Dashlane, Google Drive, etc.). Maybe it’s something behind the scenes with the way RW releases the updates? Maybe this is a feature request. I know an alternative solution would be to pin it to the taskbar, but I’d prefer the smaller icon in the tray. Just wondering if there’s a way to keep it always on there.

4 Likes

I Used to have Verizon several years ago before switching to Republic Wireless. The one thing I miss that they did right, was their text messaging app. Too many features to get into here but, if you (developers) have a verizon phone or friends have one, then check it out and emulate it. It’s a nice texting app. Also, being able to block calls straight from the caller history was nice.

It’s been so long since I had it, I can’t remember all of the features but one ofhtem was being able to save your messages, then delete what shows up. Like an archive feature.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Using the Contacts > Directly Message widget with Anywhere

I’m intrigued by live messages a la Samsung S8. That would be a neat feature in Anywhere.

2 Likes

I scrolled through the list of requests and didn’t see this one yet…how about application for Android Wear devices? I’m still using a Moto 360 currently and I get a notification when a new text comes in but there’s no Republic Anywhere Wear app that allows me to go back and review all my saved text messages on my watch.

4 Likes

I’d like to be able to attach GIF files > 1MB (here’s a help article documenting the limitation). Google Messages and other messaging apps don’t limit attachment size like this, so I’m not sure why this Republic has added this constraint.

19 Likes

It might be interesting to have the ability to handover a call from cell to desktop to tablet (in any order).

4 Likes

My friend put RW Anywhere on his phone, and I let him login with my account. However, when he tried to text someone in my phone, my contacts weren’t listed.

Can you make Anywhere remember contacts of the the RW account even if they’re on a different Android phone? (This happens when I use the desktop app…)

1 Like

tell you which number the msg is coming in on… main or underlying.
last night someone sent me an mms, it was a picture of a couple at a wedding, sending the pic. to someone named john. I responded back that john seems to have changed his number and please contact john some other way to get his new number.
msg back was that they did not send me the message and to go away… not so nice way…

looking up the area code 312 the msg was sent from it is in Chicago

the main number for my phone is area code 502 kentucky
the underlying number area code is 765 Indiana

seems john had the 765 number
and the response I sent them come from my 502 number

so I would like to see when a message comes in which number it came in on
and given the option of responding back on the same number.
if I had been informed that they were sending the message to the 765 number and been able to send a response back on that same 765 number I would not have had to put up them telling me I am stupid

something to think about…

4 Likes

Please allow for the ability to forward images and audio with the Anywhere desktop app.

4 Likes
Message an
Expert customer