Official Republic Anywhere Feature Request Thread

Please allow for the ability to forward images and audio with the Anywhere desktop app.

4 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Using Republic Anywhere in Korean

I blocked a number but i still get the messages on other devices. It works fine on my phone but my pc still gets all the blocked ones. So my request is to have blocked numbers also be blocked on other devices/apps.

10 Likes

Add anywhere app ( as NON-PHONE ) TO Amazon’s app store.
For those of us that use Amazon tablets a lot, when not on our phone or when phone is busy doing something.

3 Likes

This is low priority, but here’s a desktop client request: The ability to choose/change our notification sound.

I haven’t checked on Windows yet, but both installs I have on MacOS only seem to use a general system notification sound. It also seems to be the default system sound for things like iCal or Reminders, rather than the default sound chosen in System Preferences.

1 Like

This is a simple one. The android app needs the ability to repeat an ‘sms/mms received’ notification at regular intervals (like once every minute).

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: How do you add ringtones to the Anywhere app?

From the computer app, allow the ability to update contacts. I use my Anywhere on my computer for text messages about 90% of the time. If I get a text from someone that I want to add to my contacts, I have to get my phone out, and add the contact from there. As soon as I do, my computer reflects the new contact name.

It would be great if I could use my computer and (more importantly) my computer keyboard to update/add contacts.

PS. Absolutely love using this app!

5 Likes

I have this issue with Republic and with Google Chrome. The problem is the updates have a different “signature”. When you tell windows to leave App 123 “always visible” it uses the “signature”. The update comes with a different signature so windows treats it like a new app. IMHO I think it is a bug with windows. It should use the app name not the internal signature.

Hi @robs.mb1aqc

I can do this on my Chromebook. When I open the text and click the Menu (three vertical dots), I click “add contact”, it will ask me confirm “add contact”, then I get a popup box asking to “create contact” …(something like that)…after selecting that I can enter the details for that phone number and save…walla, I now have that contact in RWA.

Haven’t tried on my PC. Hope this helps.

Would like inclusion of a “do not disturb while driving” function, that preferably activates automatically when driving, and would send an auto-reply saying “I’m driving. Will get back to you when it’s safe to do so.” thanks

4 Likes

The ability to change the notification sound in iOS.

1 Like

On the desktop version, it would be great if notifications weren’t shown for messages that have already been read on another device.
When waking up my laptop from sleep, I am bombarded with dozens or hundreds of message notifications that I’ve already read and responded to on my Android device. In some cases it can make all of the Windows 10 buttons in the lower right corner unusable for several minutes, until all of the Anywhere notifications have been displayed.

9 Likes

GIF availability for desktop version

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Anywhere Linux Ubuntu - audible notification

I work in an environment that doesn’t allow third party type programs to be installed, however they are okay with a number of Portable Apps, that allow the computer program to run straight from the executable rather than installing and using Administrator Access. This would be another feature that would be nice to have for those of us without administrator privileges at our place of work. I feel like it would be a relatively easy feature to push out as well.

6 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: What is the advantage of Anywhere over other supported SMS apps?

Linux workstation version does not provide a background launch mechanism. You have to start it and then close it in order to get it running in the background. It would be just freaking lovely if you could provide a command line argument for the Linux version that would start – and monitor incoming messages – without launching the display.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: “Not Sent. Tap to try again” with Republic Anywhere

4 posts were split to a new topic: Unique notifications for contacts in Anywhere

Message an
Expert customer