Official Republic Anywhere Feature Request Thread

I request an API (secure of course with credentials) that allows one to obtain and archive the messages.

1. One obvious way would be to impart an IMAP overlay (read only) to the message database that would create a folder for each conversation, with the list of messages in the folder corresponding to the text messages. Secure IMAP access using existing Anywhere credentials should be sufficient to protect it at last as well as the Anywhere app.

2)) A simpler way might be a RESTful interface which allows polling for contents (perhaps using RSS.) With this (properly credentialed and secure) I could create a local app that implements an IMAP overlay and integrate it into my already existing email archival process.

I am willing to help if necessary - if using method #2, I would make the companion app available under some suitably unrestricted FOSS license, as necessary.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Requesting Linux support for Anywhere

Respectfully requesting that Anywhere support icon badging on those phones whose manufacturer bundles a launcher that badges icons. Both Samsung’s TouchWiz and Huawei’s EMUI do so. When using those skins, Google’s Android Messages’ icon (and other apps) is badged. Anywhere should do the same.

4 Likes

I would love it if Anywhere worked in tandem with third party text messaging apps.
I’m very partial to the features I have with textra and wouldn’t give that app up for the current features Anywhere has currently.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Could Anywhere work in tandem with third party messaging apps?

Currently, there’s no way to delete individual messages from the desktop app. When I delete the message on my phone, it doesn’t disappear on the desktop app. This is a problem when your significant other sends you lewd photos and they pop up on your work computer. Oops.

11 Likes

Anywhere 1.1.8 for Mac, Windows, Linux was released on 7/10.
From the Release notes:
New
Better image composing. Drag and drop an image onto the current conversation. Paste (Ctrl+V or Cmd+V) a copied image onto the current conversation from another app.
“Copy image” right click menu option is now available for MMS media.
“Copy” right click menu option is now available when selecting message text.
Start a one-on-one conversation by clicking on a contact in the “People in this conversation” drop down list.

I’ll mark any posts in this thread as DELIVERED if they suggested any of the above features.

3 Likes

I would like to submit a feature request: to be able to connect more than 1 phone to the Republic Anywhere App on a single computer. If I have two phones that I use for different purposes, I would like to receive texts for both of them in one app. Thank you!

5 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Could Anywhere allow two users on the same computer?

Two-factor authentication

8 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Improve the method for starting a new text message in Anywhere

On the Windows program it would be nice if the icon disappeared from the taskbar when minimizing to system tray.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Anywhere notifications: Silence but vibrate

It would be very convenient if the past 30 days of text history were to be downloaded from RW’s server to a new device when activated. I realized this last week when I went through three phones over a few days (first phone died, second was a temporary activation, third was the permanent replacement) and my text history started fresh on phones 2 and 3. It’s tough to carry on a conversation on multiple devices if your phone (newly activated) doesn’t show any messages in the conversation that your computer has the past 30 days of saved.

14 Likes

On a similar topic as the custom color schemes, I would appreciate the ability to change the color of the notification light. The white notification light is used by another app (Slack for me, I believe), and I would like the ability to change it to a unique color not used by any other of my apps so I can tell when I have a text from just the light’s color.

Moderator’s note: Content removed to bring the post in compliance with the rules outlined at the top of this thread. Please vote for existing features requests rather than commenting on them. Please limit posts to one feature so others can vote by “liking” and it be clear what feature they are voting for.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Republic Anywhere suggestion: Don’t send notifications to the phone when I’m using the app on the Computer

A post was merged into an existing topic: Republic Anywhere suggestion: Don’t send notifications to the phone when I’m using the app on the Computer

Better “attachment” support would be great. As of now, I see my app only allows sending of images (and possibly videos) and voice, but Google’s default messenger also allows location sending. Ideally, I’d want it to be on-par with Textra’s attachment support, but it would be nice to at least match Google Messenger.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Anywhere logs me out, I want to stay logged in

A post was split to a new topic: Republic Anywhere app is hard to use on my computer

Message an
Expert customer