#ogsofnofees?

I’ve been seeing this ad:

#ogsofnofees ???

What does it mean?

this is Republic marketing idea of advertising

ogsofnofees = ogs of no fees

ogs is slang for lots so Original Gangsters

ogsofnofees = lots Original Gangsters of no fees

this in my opinion is not true as there are fees listed in my bill (my state has fees on cell phones on which republic pass on to me)

other carriers meet this better (like cricket where my wife see no fees on her bill)

edit I to correct the sling (I read ogs as an bad slang of oodles which does mean lots of)

“original gangsters” (OGs) of no fees.

Doesn’t OGs mean the Original Gangsters of No Fees. Not lots of? (Urban Dictionary: OG) Where in the world does “lots of” come from?

still not truthful when they do collect fees on your bill

My guess is Republic marketing is trying (though I agree with you) to make a distinction between taxes and actual government fees and things like “line access charges” or “4G access fee” that some other carriers have been known to cram on to bills. That being said, I think Republic would be better off not trying to make believe that it is anything like Cricket or the new T-Mobile ONE plans where the plan price is the price, period. Just another gaffe from the RW marketing department.

Actually those are not fees those are taxes enforced by state and federal. When they say no fees they are talking about upgrade, activation and other fees that the big 4 cellular companies impose just to make more money.

The Federal Compliance Fee is not a tax.

they are labeled “Fees” and are a fixed rate

I look at my bill I see 3 fees (County 911 Fee, State 911 Fee, and, the Federal Compliance Fee)

when I look at my wife bill she has no fees just the plan cost (no taxes either and yes I understand they are still paid by the carrier but we don’t seen them just the plan cost is all we get charged)

Seems to me that Fees that go to the government are just taxes by another name.

Whether a carrier chooses to break them out or not (and use the gimmick of offering a lower price) is just one of the things this industry does to make it harder for consumers to compare one carrier to another. “Free” phones, “no interest” financing plans and the like are others.

So my question about “#ogsofnofees” is answered as referring to some aspect of modern culture that I (and I suspect many other people) have no knowledge of. Funny though that the hashtag can’t be found on the RW website, Twitter doesn’t know of it, and a Google search turns up nothing as well. The theme of it reminds me of BoostMobile though. My first cheap phone service. I didn’t understand their advertising either until Aqua Team Hunger Force explained it to me.

Fees or not, my RW bill is lower than anything else I can achieve without a bunch of strings attached. I just hope they don’t spend through that $30 million too quickly.

Honestly, every time Republic marketing tries to get cutesy it either falls flat, or backfires.

Oh! Now I have a new email from RW advertising that they have “Baller” phones. When I was in college that was a term reserved for the locker room. How times have changed. I guess I should just go right to the urban dictionary to interpret RW advertising.

Whatever works.

Ugh. I can’t imagine this works. At best it elicits an eye-roll.

macb wrote:

Oh! Now I have a new email from RW advertising that they have “Baller” phones. When I was in college that was a term reserved for the locker room. How times have changed. I guess I should just go right to the urban dictionary to interpret RW advertising.

Whatever works.

Are these something like male Hershey bars?

Message an
Expert customer