Old sim card not working in moto g7 power

What phone do you have? moto g7 power

What plan are you on? reimburse 1G

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? both

Issue Description

I bought a new phone- moto g7 power and moved my sim card from my moto x (2nd gen) into it but its not recognizing it. it says its locked. I can order a new one but hate to do that if I don’t need to. I’ve already tried turning it off, putting in back in and restarting it.
any suggestions?

The SIM card in a Moto X2 only works in that Moto X2. It should be put back. You will need a new SIM for the new phone. To be sure you get the right kind of SIM for your area can you share your ZIP code so we can look at the coverage in your area to make sure you get the correct SIM?

2 Likes

Hi @abigailf.i1hptj
Welcome to the Republic Community.
Your Moto X (2nd gen) has a SIM that needs to stay with that phone. You will need to order a new SIM for the G7 Power.
Please note the new SIM will be using a different RW partner (T-moble) than the one your Moto X was using (Sprint).
If you find that your coverage lacking you can request a CDMA SIM to return to the same coverage.

How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card

Coverage update: Republic Wireless now offers the Moto G7, G7 Power, G7 Play, and Moto Z4 in more areas

thanks

Based on that zip code…and your existing experience with the X2 which has hopefully been satisfactory… I recommend that you submit a help ticket request a 3.0 CDMA SIM card for your new G7 using the instructions noted above by @SuperT

The T-mobile or GSM coverage doesn’t look too promising for that zip code.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer