Older MMS deleted in Republic Anywhere

I have had the exact same problem on both my x2 and my g3…very frustrating. To make matters worse I tried activating a different x2 and then going back to my original x2 and Republic Anywhere DELETED ALL of my texts older than 30 days! I would RUN AWAY from the Anywhere app and use something different!!

Not getting Republic Anywhere texts while not on WiFi on MOTO X 2nd Gen phone

Hi @brendaf.wiacpq,

By design, Anywhere is able to pull only the last 30 days of text message history off of Republic’s servers (that’s all Republic stores) and, yes, when one asks Anywhere to do so, it removes existing text message history on the device. Anywhere warns of that:

Anywhere doesn’t and is not designed to move text messages between phones. For that, one needs a text message backup solution such as:

Can't send mms with RW Anywhere?

I didn’t ask anywhere to do so! I was trying to save mms messages in my texts that were on my phone from BEFORE I ever used anywhere! I simply turned on my old phone and anywhere erased them! Something messaging and messages and google NEVER has done. Very disappointing and good reason to not use anywhere on my phone!

Just a suggestion…I just lost all of my mms messages older than 30 days because of Anywhere----use a different App!!!

Can't send mms with RW Anywhere?

Please see my reply here: Not getting Republic Anywhere texts while not on WiFi on MOTO X 2nd Gen phone.

I’m sorry you lost text message history, however, it’s not intended to move text messages between phones. In my experience, Anywhere is a perfectly fine choice as an everyday text messaging app.

No app I have ever had before ERASED existing mms messages!

Nor has Anywhere ever erased any messages on any of my phones. I’m sorry to hear your experience was different.