Omaha Coverage 2018

I work in the Omaha area and looking to get the Galaxy S8. When I put in the Omaha Zip, I get the GSM options. For the longest time people were saying the GSM (TMobile) service is bad in the Metro area. However, I’ve heard in the past year they have been putting up tower all over the Metro.

Any current using RW in Omaha via GSM (TMobile) service? How is it?

I live in Council Bluffs and if I put in my home Zip, I get the CMDA (Sprint) options. I’m leaning towards doing that as I currently have Sprint and know the network works well but really want the Galaxy S8.

Thank you!

Omaha Cell Coverage

Here is a comment I previously added to a different user query No Coverage at my home location it provides a different way of looking at carrier strengths/weakness

Saw your post over at https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/7utnzz/omahacouncil_bluffs/ and one thing that wasn’t mentioned is that T-Mobile just bought the other 50% of iWireless and now own 100% of it. So the iWireless native coverage area should soon be, if not already, part of T-Mobile’s.

@southpaw What does this mean? Does this mean the Galaxy S8 is coming to CDMA? If so, when?

I work in the Omaha area and looking to get the Galaxy S8. When I put in the Omaha Zip, I get the GSM options. But people keep saying the GSM (TMobile) service is bad in the Metro area.

I live in Council Bluffs and if I put in my home Zip, I get the CMDA (Sprint) options. I’m leaning towards doing that as I currently have Sprint and know the network works well but really want the Galaxy S8.

Would just like to clarification.

Thank you!

The S8 is not yet ready (for CDMA coverage), but IS coming. You can see the chart with the details of which phones are currently CDMA capable, and which are in process, here: Detailed Supported Phone Features

@louisdi My current contract is up in 2 months. Do you know when the S8 will be ready for CDMA? I know the list noted it should be ready “within the next several weeks”. But would be nice if there was a target date out, so I could plan a little better…

Thank you again!

We don’t know. They’ve been adding phones, but not on any particular schedule and we don’t know which phone will be next.

@louisdi Good to know, thank you!

Hi @ithink2020,

I’ve consolidated your conversations on this topic into one place, for better focus.

At this time our online store can sell the S8 outfitted for only the GSM carrier. However, if you determine coverage is not adequate, you can enlist our support team and they will determine whether a CDMA SIM would provide a better coverage experience. If it would, they will help you move the phone to a CDMA SIM.

Thank you for consolidating and for the information!

@southpaw Could the same be done for an unlocked Pixal or Pixel 2? If GSM doesn’t work well, can I work with support to convert it over to CDMA?

Thank you,

Matt

Hi @ithink2020,

Yes, if GSM coverage is not adequate, our support team would appreciate an opportunity to work with Pixel owners to determine whether CDMA would be better, and can move the Pixel (and Pixel 2) to a CDMA SIM if it would improve the situation.

Edited to add:

Here’s Help Center Article that lets you know which phones can support CDMA coverage:

@southpaw Thank you so much!