One+ 6t wifi call issues

What phone do you have?
one+ 6t
What plan are you on?
mychoice +2gb
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
data, talk, and text

Issue Description

Noticed the problem over the past few months.
Only happens while on WIFI
Happens when making and receiving calls
Ill be on call, speaking normally for a minute or so and then all sound will stop. I cant hear the other party, they cant hear me. The call is still ongoing. If I turn off wifi at this point the call quickly returns to normal.

Hi @aaronk8080 ,

Have you had this experience on more than one WiFi network, or just one? It sounds like something may have changed about your network configuration. Let’s see if @jben might be available to think this through with you.

It has happened on the wifi at my house and at work.

Hi @aaronk8080,

1. Would you happen to know if you were 5Ghz at home or work?
  2. Does the failure at work usually occur immediately following being on WiFi at home?
  3. I assume that you have powered off/on your phone since the problem started
    occurring?
  4. Any chance that there has been a recent app added or existing ones updated about the time problem started?

Thanks for the reply

1. 5ghz at home, 2.4ghz at work.
  2. it happens when my phone has been on the wifi for hours.
  3. It has been restarted multiple times, yes.
  4. No added apps, I cant think of any updates that would coincide. Its possible something auto updated but I dont know of anything for sure.
  • it happens when my phone has been on the wifi for hours.

• Its possible something auto updated but I dont know of anything for sure.

• I would check out Google Play and remove apps that were updated about the time problems started. This may vary on your phone, but usually is something along the line of this: Select Google Play / Long press your icon/picture top right / Manage apps & device / Manage / Installed then sort by recently updated

Thank you, I will do both of these and see how it goes.

1 Like