One email will not delete

I have a Moto G5+
Talk and text only plan
I am using Gmail app and sync both a Gmail and sbcglobal email accounts. I have had 1 sbcglobal email that has been recurring since July. I delete it but whenever I reopen the app it reappears. I regularly delete my trash folder too. I went right to Yahoo to my sbcglobal email and it no longer shows up there.

I would start by Clearing the Cache – Republic Help and clear both the System Cache and the App Cache. Then post back results

I cleared the cache and deleted the email again but it was back the next time I opened the app

You probably need to work on this from the sbcglobal side. For some reason the sbcglobal server doesn’t seem to be acknowledging that this e-mail was delivered and deleted by the Gmail client.

how did you set up this email as a IMAP or as a POP ?
have you tried logging via the web base server and seeing if it there on the server?
another thing to try is to remove the account from the phone and re-adding it

IMAP, I guess…at least those letters came up when I checked incoming info in the settings. I went to the website and checked my email that way if that is what you mean…it was no longer there. I thought about deleting the account but and starting over but I wasn’t sure how to do it

yes that what I was referring to
to remove an account open Gmail app and tap the :menu: and scroll down to setting
tap the :dots: and go to the Manage accounts
tap the Personal (IMAP) and tap the SBCGloble account in question
again tap the :dots: and remove account.
to add an account
to remove an account open Gmail app and tap the :menu: and scroll down to setting
tap the :dots: and go to the Manage accounts then tap the plus sign

A couple of times this has happened to me…the remnant email eventually disappears… unless it is a huge inconvenience, I would leave it alone.

Thank you for your help…it seems to be fixed

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.