OnePlus 6T is now supported for BYOP

The OnePlus 6T is now supported for BYOP. :tada:

This means that although we do not offer this phone in our online store, it can be brought to our service with the purchase of a Republic Wireless BYOP SIM card.

We’re very excited to be expanding our BYOP offer to include the OnePlus 6T. :southpawpoms: While this phone is the first dual-SIM phone to be supported by Republic Wireless, at this time we do not fully support dual-SIM functionality. The Republic Wireless app will prompt users to install the Republic Wireless SIM card only in SIM slot number one, and to remove any non-Republic SIM card that is installed.

*Please note that our BYOP SIM card offers coverage with only our GSM carrier-partners. If you’re not sure about coverage in your area, please ask in our Community and we’ll be glad to help. The OnePlus 6T cannot be moved to our CDMA coverage partner.

We support only the North American Factory Unlocked version of any BYOP phone. Please make certain any phone you are considering for BYOP is supported by installing the Republic Wireless app to check for compatibility, or consulting our Community guidance at How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone .

11 Likes

Woohoo!! That is awesome news!!

3 Likes

Woot woot! Just when you think you guys cannot get any better you total out due yourself and bring the device that we have been wanting!

I need to upgrade within the next year so this is a huge welcome.

4 Likes

This is GREAT news! I will probably be getting one soon. But I will probably hold off a little in case you also will be supporting the 7 pro in the not too distant future. lol Does anyone know if all the 6T models on the oneplus website are A6013?

2 Likes

All the ones available directly from OnePlus on their US website are the correct version.

2 Likes

My 6t is on the way from the oneplus site. Can I move my sim from my z play or will I need a new one?

If it is the original Z Play you can move your SIM card. Just be sure to install and open the Republic App on the new phone in order to complete the transition.

1 Like

thanks so much. It is the original.

1 Like

Cool move. Love the addition of a oneplus phone. RW could use the variation. Although way out of my usefulness range. I wouldn’t mind playing around with one of these with a broken screen or something to refurbish. I’m on a g7 right now. I’m eagerly waiting to see how the g8 comes out. Its fun to play with the mid range phones. Parts are cheap. The 6t’s screen costs like 120 in comparison. Just a bunch of random thoughts.

Now that there is a oneplus phone supported does that mean that RW may support the newer models of the oneplus line? I am curious about the 7T and if that would be coming to RW.

Hi @josephi.xjjdpw,

We typically avoid speculating on future support. I know that’s not much help when you’re wanting to plan or watch for specials, and I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer.

1 Like

No I totally understand that. I was just curious if there was anything public yet about more support pass the 6T.

1 Like

How has your experience with the 6T been? I would like to try it but am waiting to see if Republic will support more OnePlus models or if it will be oneoff like Huawei, Alcatel and LG.

I think the big difference between the OnePlus and those phones is that those phone are essentially phones abandoned by the manufacturers. The OnePlus 6T remains fully supported by OnePlus and will continue to receive updates and support from OnePlus whether or not Republic ever adds another OnePlus phone to the supported phone list.

That is a good point. But I would still like to see if newer models will be coming to Republic since the 6T is a year old.

Overall it has been good. I came from MOTO land so I do miss the notifications on screen and a couple other tweaks like tap anywhere to take a picture. But the biggest issue I am potentially seeing is the call quality due to the missing 3.5mm jack for my headset (dongle supplies way too much static and bluetooth quality is poor for the other end of the call) and the issue of cut outs on my end. At the moment I make very few calls so it is hard to make a final judgement on whether it is the phone, the service with this phone or the service but I did not have any issues with the motos I had been using. If MOTO ever decides to compete out side of the mid range again I might go back.

1 Like

I’ve been Moto myself for awhile. I’ve done the mid and budget phones on them. Currently on a g7 play which is…ok. not great but fine when you consider the price. Was looking at picking up one of these on recommendation from a friend as my screen recently cracked.

Message an
Expert customer