Other promotions

Just thought I’d start this for anyone looking for alternatives to the Ascend 5W fiasco promotion.

Samsung J3, $129 at Best Buy: Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) 4G LTE with 16GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) White SAMSUNG UNLOCK J3 PEGGED - Best Buy

Moto G4 Play, $129 from Moto: Moto G⁴ Play - Unlocked Android Smartphone | Motorola

If you’re a Prime member and willing to put up with ads the same G4 is at Amazon for $99: https://www.amazon.com/Moto-Play-4th-gen-Lockscreen/dp/B01KBH547A/ref=sr_1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1481645732&sr=1-2&ke…

10 Likes

For those who want a deal on a high-end phone the limited time offer on the S7 is very good:

Samsung Galaxy S7 | Republic Wireless

My favorite feature is SideSync. I’d like to update my thread on that but it has been archived.

Another great feature is the size. It’s almost identical in size to the Moto X (2nd Gen).

9 Likes

Moto G4 Play is $99 at B&H right now…

B&H Photo Video

9 Likes

The problem is that neither the Galaxy J3 nor the G4 Play seem like significant upgrades from my Moto G 1st gen. Not really interested in another phone that’s hardly any better than my old phone. That’s why I was looking forward to the Ascend 5W, it looks nicer than any of other phones I’ve seen at its price point, as with its twin the Honor 5X.

Seriously?

As an outsider looking in for just the day and as I read the “Not Cool, Republic” thread, people are primarily upset about the way the promotion was presented, stocked and handled. Central in the (seemingly misled) expectations was an opportunity for 6 months of free service. That obviously won’t be available in any third party offering.

The loss of a discounted phone appears secondary to the loss of faith in RW. Cheap devices are always available. A great promotion offered by your trusted carrier is an occasion.

Again, as an outsider, this thread rings of tone deafness.

9 Likes

This would also be an excellent time to shop around and compare other carriers - not only for device deals, but also for service.

@homelessonwheels

Why is every comment of yours sticking it to RW?

I would really like to know.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

9 Likes

Why is every one of yours either defending them or apologising for them?

@homelessonwheels

I try and live without negativity, not that I am not negative because I am at times but negative stress will probably kill me and I wouldn’t want to please all the people wanting me dead in my life.

9 Likes

duncanp wrote:

Seriously?

As an outsider looking in for just the day and as I read the “Not Cool, Republic” thread, people are primarily upset about the way the promotion was presented, stocked and handled. Central in the (seemingly misled) expectations was an opportunity for 6 months of free service. That obviously won’t be available in any third party offering.

The loss of a discounted phone appears secondary to the loss of faith in RW. Cheap devices are always available. A great promotion offered by your trusted carrier is an occasion.

Again, as an outsider, this thread rings of tone deafness.

This thread is to share potential offers that others can get elsewhere for phones that will work on Republic. I think the negativity should probably stay in the “Not Cool, Republic” thread you referenced.

9 Likes

How’s your shopping coming?

9 Likes

Hey, no problem man. Play it however you wish. Not another peep out of me. I promise.

rolandh wrote:

How’s your shopping coming?

Was that rhetorical? Or are you considering jumping ship and looking for suggestions?

9 Likes

Hi bocephous

Hey snarkey snarkey but i will say I have to keep my atenanol close by while reading some of the

postings

Morris

9 Likes

I’d consider either of those a significant upgrade from the G1 still on my account. The nicest thing about the Ascend 5W was the $50 off and the free service. I would have jumped on it just as fast if it been the G4 Play.

9 Likes

I think he’s hoping you are, and that you’ll be too busy with the new company to spend any time around here.

Not at all. I simply presumed since he’s been so aggressively promoting others should be shopping around, he’d naturally be doing so himself. Not that there’s anything wrong with being an educated consumer. I highly recommend it myself.

@homelessonwheels, thank you for extending the kind offer on suggestions. For now, I’m satisfied with Republic’s service and the secondary phone I keep on T-Mobile. Should that change, I’m well aware of the alternatives that exist in the marketplace.

Oh, I guess I was projecting.

9 Likes

Currently at B&H

• Moto G4 Play for $99.99 (savings of $50)
  • Nexus 6P for $469.99 (savings of $30 over Republic)
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 edge for $619.99 (savings of $180 over Republic)
  • Moto X Pure Edition for $299.99 (same as Republic)
9 Likes

Don’t forget the Z Play with $100 and up to six months free service right here at RW that runs through 12-20-16 while supplies last. Effective price about $230 when service considered. Still a good deal for who can use a GSM only phone and may have missed out on the Huawei.

Moto Z Play Phones Hero

Backordered: Expected to ship in 1-2 weeks. i

• $100 Off Moto Z Play. You pay $349.
    $100 Discount taken at checkout. See details

• 6 Months 1GB Service FREE
    Starting in January. See details

Message an
Expert customer