Our 1st Experience with Republic

So after much household debate, we decided to switch from AT&T/iphones to Republic/Samsung. We used a CC to buy the phones and received an Order Confirmation number and email. We paid for 2-day shipping.

36 hours later we had not received any other communication regarding shipping number, so we contacted Republic. CS opened a ticket for us and told us someone would get back to us.

A bit later we received an email saying “We have declined your order because our customary analysis suggests that this could be a fraudulent transaction. Of course, we customarily take this approach to protect both you and ourselves. If our analysis is wrong, please accept our apologies. Please reorder and let us know when this is complete, so that we may approve the next order. If you have any further questions let us know.”

Geez. Why did you confirm our order if you declined it?? And if you declined it, when were you going to notify us??

I researched you guys and talked my family into making the switch from AT&T, and THIS is what happens. You made me look like an idiot and made yourselves look like amateur hour comedians.

The more I think about it, the more ridiculous this is. We gave you guys all of our personal contact information during that order process and AFTER confirming the order, you just decided to cancel it without making ANY effort to contact us in advance or notify us after the fact.

I’m sorry you’ve had a negative experience to start out with Republic. This forum is communication with other customers and there isn’t much we can do in this kind of situation. I’m tagging @southpaw so that she can get your concerns to the internal team that can actually look in to this for you.

Hi @michelec.ootumj,

Thanks for sharing your concerns about our process, and I’m sorry it has impacted your good standing among your family. I see you’ve already opened a ticket and received a response. Beyond that, I’m afraid it’s not something we can address in a public online Community, as we do not wish to provide clues to potential fraudsters about the processes and policies that are designed to prevent innocent people from being charged for fraudulent orders.

I hope you’ll agree that having to re-order is a much less complicated experience than having to prove you should not have been billed for a fraudulent order.

I apologize that your order was affected. Please let us know by support ticket if there is anything further we can do to assist.

Thank you for your response. Is there a way we can talk to a live person via phone to discuss re-attempting this transaction?

You should make the request in your ticket.

I don’t have a ticket, actually. The live chat operator apparently opened a ticket and we never received a ticket number. When I try to access my tickets, there are none showing.

Or are you saying I need to open a new ticket to talk to someone?

So when you go here: https://republicwireless.com/account/tickets you don’t see anything?

And yes, a request for a call need to be done in a ticket.

Thanks. I do see the closed ticket from the chat operator.

I suppose I’ll open a new ticket and hope someone will call me or give me a phone number.

The way it generally works with Republic is you’ll be given a dial-in number with a passcode to use when calling in.

I’m beginning to think Republic just doesn’t want our business. They seem to act as though they are doing customers a favor by selling us a service.

Do they require you to use their financing company? This all seems to stem from us trying to buy the phones outright.

If it’s this difficult just to sign up with Republic, I’m a little worried as to how difficult it will be to get help if/when we need it

There are a number of ways to get help, this is one of them. The document here described the full complement of ways: How to Get Help from Republic Wireless – Republic Help Normally issues can be solved by the community. In this case, where we’re talking about fraud prevention, it is obviously something that needs to be handled a bit differently.

I’m wondering if your credit card company refused the transaction because they thought it was fraudulent. If you ave on-line access to your CC account you can look to see if a transaction has been refused. If that is the situation I think you have to contact them and tell them the transaction is not fraudulent.

This is discussed above.

and

Which to me clearly indicates it was Republic’s system that flagged the order, not the credit card.

Please see the quoted language in the original post. This is Republic saying they declined us.

“We have declined your order because our customary analysis suggests that this could be a fraudulent transaction. Of course, we customarily take this approach to protect both you and ourselves. If our analysis is wrong, please accept our apologies. Please reorder and let us know when this is complete, so that we may approve the next order. If you have any further questions let us know.”

Hi @michelec.ootumj,

I’ve closed the topic for a few minutes to ask that folks slow down and let’s approach this reasonably. Members who are replying to you do not have access to your account info and cannot see what you are seeing, and cannot know why decisions were made.

Is there is something specific you need help with as you consider placing a new order?

Getting help from Republic is easy enough. You open a ticket, and our support team helps.

I’ll re-open this topic in a few moments once everyone has caught their breath.

I’m going to re-open this topic now. If anyone other than @michelec.ootumj posts a speculative response, it will be moderated. Let’s please base this conversation on what is known, not what is imagined.

I’m surprised to hear this trouble getting signed up for Republic. I didn’t know they had some sort of system that would reject an order based on some undisclosed factor, as fraud. I have only ever heard of banks or credit card companies doing this. (which can be very frustrating indeed)

For Republic, it took me 2 minutes. Install app, create account, order SIM card. Done.
(U can order via their website too, but I already had an unlocked BYOD phone).

I can share your pain and same reasoning though. I had a huge issue trying to sign up for Sprint. Their website kept going in loops. Refused to take any of my Credit cards or even debit card and gave varying errors. It ran the credit check and and identity questions multiple times. Thier phone agents were useless. After a several tries over multiple days, my bank locked all my accounts thinking fraud was happening. Took 3 weeks to sort it out. I did evenly get singed up for the Sprint Free 1yr Promo i was trying to do, but boy, what a headache and I very much felt as if they didn’t want my business.

I hope R.W can sort this out for you and you will be happy with the service. Hopefully it would be as simple as just placing a new order.