Our Moto E4 stops making and receiving calls and texts whenever we end our Data plans

Our Moto E4 stops making and receiving calls and texts whenever we end our Data plans. We can only make calls when using my modem Help, please ??! I’ve tried rebooting, I’ve tried Updating, Hard Starts, Resetting to Factory settings. Nothing works. We cannot be without phones. It’s been this way for over a month and now, my elderly Mother’s is doing it since, I ended the $5 Data needed for one day GPS map to hospital.
Please, give easy to understand instructions to fix this. Thank you !!

Sorry to hear about the issue. When you open the Republic App does it ask you to purchase a SIM or does it open normally?

Normally

If you go to Settings – Data Usage is cellular data turned on there?

Yesss

When you turn off wifi, does the phone show a cellular signal at all? If yes, what does it show near the cell bars as far as letters? Do you see “LTE” or “H” or “R” or anything like that?

I will have to turn off the WiFi and I’ll lose you here. I believe it’s an ‘H’.
I’ll turn off now and check them go back on and find you. Ok ? I really appreciate your help me.

Yes, it’s an H

OK, that’s helpful. Can you share the ZIP code where you are and please open the Republic App, hit the little gear then About and tell us what it says there for “SIM Type”?

Sim Type: GSM

Thank you. You should indeed have good coverage there and the “H” tells me that something strange is going on.

Please try the following steps to resolve this issue:

1. Reboot the phone in an area that has a strong cell signal. (Some people have simply needed to step outside and reboot.) If this fixes it, stop.

2. Please ensure the data is turned on in Android Settings. Settings > More > Cellular Data (some phones may say Mobile Data). If this fixes it, stop.

3. Reset your Republic credentials by opening the dialer as if making a call and enter *#*#8647#*# . The screen should clear, when it does, restart the phone. If this fixes it, stop.

4. This one is more complicated. This step will clear out any saved connections for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth that you may have already made. Go to Settings > More > Network settings reset
    Read the warning, tap “Reset settings.” You will be warned a second time. Tap “Reset settings” to confirm. The process will usually take 5-10 seconds and the cellular signal bars icon will go away for a moment. Once the cell signal bars icon returns, you should reboot the phone.

Ok, So you are not connected to wifi in this picture but are in a place where you should have LTE data, but do not. So, let’s see if we can fix that.

Please try the following steps to resolve this issue:

1. Reboot the phone in an area that has a strong cell signal. (Some people have simply needed to step outside and reboot.) If this fixes it, stop.

2. Please ensure the data is turned on in Android Settings. Settings > Data Usage > Cellular Data (some phones may say Mobile Data). If this fixes it, stop.

3. Reset your Republic credentials by opening the dialer as if making a call and enter *#*#8647#*# . The screen should clear, when it does, restart the phone. If this fixes it, stop.

4. This one is more complicated. This step will clear out any saved connections for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth that you may have already made.
    Go to Settings > More > Network settings reset Read the warning, tap “Reset settings.” You will be warned a second time. Tap “Reset settings” to confirm. The process will usually take 5-10 seconds and the cellular signal bars icon will go away for a moment. Once the cell signal bars icon returns, you should reboot the phone.

Let us know if that little “x” on the signal bars goes away.

You should also be updating the OS on your phone. Please go to Settings – About Phone – Software (or System) Update while connected to wifi. You should find an update waiting. Once it has applied and the phone has restarted, please go back and check again for another update. Keep doing updates until no further updates are available.

#1 didn’t work outside
#2 it’s already set correctly
#3 states, Dialed not allowed
Ready to try#4

Try three again and dial carefully. You’re dialing 12 digits. * # * # 8 6 4 7 # * # *

I’ve tried every step and then some loads of times even removing battery.
It was fine until we cancelled our $5 Data. Then we put it on again and I dropped it as soon as I bought it because it wouldn’t work but still for charged for it. This is what’s displaying…

Ok, this is going to need a ticket. Open a ticket and please point them to this thread. They’ll likely need to figure it out on the network end to get rid of the “x”.

How do I do this

Click the words open a ticket.