Out of box problem. 19 days and no solution

Someone needs to get in touch with customer service. I have a problem with a brand new phone right out of the box and after 19 days of going back and forth with customer service I am nowhere. I now have realized I’ve used all my data within a few days and I’m going to have to change my plans.

Anyone in this forum that can escalate this ?!?!?!?!

#1091157 (help ticket#?)

2 Likes

30 minutes and no reply. When I first signed up with Republic Wireless 4+ years ago this “self help” community was very different. There would be several replies within a few minutes. Now nothing!

Hi @seaendevour!

I am sorry about your experience! That would definately be frustrating. Let me see what I can do.

mb2x

2 Likes

Thank you very much. Any help is much appreciated !

No problem! I have alerted Republic staff and they will be looking into it shortly . I do hope you are able to get this resolved soon! Please keep me updated!

2 Likes

Hi @seaendevour ,

@mb2x brought your ticket to our attention, and I’ve reviewed it. I am sorry the troubleshooting process has indeed been complex and lengthy. The good news is that it looks like you’ve pretty much worked through every troubleshooting step at this point. Our technical team is reviewing your ticket now for the technical issue and has responded while I was typing here.

As for using up all your data, I’ve put a credit on your account that will allow you to upgrade you plan, plus a little extra. Please let me know if you need any help upgrading the plan, and don’t forget to go ahead and plan the downgrade - you can set it up to occur on your next billing cycle date - if you don’t want to remain on the higher plan going forward.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please don’t hesitate to let me know, either here or in your ticket, which I’ll be monitoring.

2 Likes

@seaendevour

Most of the people here are Volunteers and a customer just like you and I. Volunteer means devote free time at no reimbursement of money, no gifts, or no free services for their time. If you would sit here waiting to answer a question when you do have a life to live while volunteering, for someone that didn’t read the support ticket system tries to provide support within 24 hours. Go easy on the great people here. Answers to questions are handled here in hours not days, I would just be glad for that!

*** ~~ßocephous™***

I’ve been with Republic Wireless since the beginning. I know how it works. 19 days shows I was incredibly patient.

2 Likes

Thank you for escalating this. I very much appreciate it. The community of volunteers have a quicker response time then Republic Wireless’ in-house tech support. Non the less RW stepped up and made everything right.

It takes a lot before I start making noise and I hate to do it but when I realized I was almost out of data and 19 days going back and forth, it was a bit much. To add to the stress, the phone is for my fiancée who didn’t want to switch to RW. Then when there was a problem I got the “I told you so” from her. lol.

Thanks again !mb2x

2 Likes

Thank you @southpaw@rw I really appreciate it. You stepped up to the plate and hit one out of the park. My faith in RW continues.

Thank you !

3 Likes

No problem! Glad to see that everything worked out fine. I totally understand !

Which phone are you using that had this issue? I ask because I have a Moto G4 that is blowing through data like crazy too. I’ve discovered that the arc at the top of the phone is not filled in, showing that it’s not connected to RW, however looking at the settings it shows that I am connected to my router. Everything else on the router at the same time is getting data so I believe it’s an issue with their software. I have two phones on RW and the Moto G is the only one having this problem. At about 5 days into the new billing cycle at I only have 5% of the data left. It’s been very frustrating.

Moto G PLAY (4th Gen.) is what I have and that is exactly what’s happening to me. The arc at the top of the phone is not filled in, showing that it’s not connected to RW, however looking at the settings it shows that I am connected to my router. At the same time the “LTE” is not showing nor is there any indication that I’m on data. It will also show a strong wifi signal. This will happen anywhere and will happen when I’m a foot away from the router. Most of the time it happens only 2 or 3 times a day but its annoying when you don’t realize it and you use data. I was asked to go to a Starbucks near me and see how it worked. Finally after 2 hours of sitting there the wifi dropped out. With my situation it doesn’t happen often but does happen anywhere.

That’s the exact same issue I’m having. And it happens regularity and to your point, if you don’t catch it you end up burning data not realizing it. Like I said, 5 days into the billing cycle and only 5% of data left.

Hi @amg55,

In another thread, you asked me,

Do you know if the Nougat software update is correcting the issue of data usage that you were also part of in this following discussion? Out of box problem. 19 days and no solution

We’re not currently seeing a large number of reports of this problem, so I’m not aware whether Nougat either solves or contributes to the issue.

If you go to Settings > Data usage, what apps are listed as the top consumers? Sometimes after an update, an app may experience trouble syncing, which may cause it to burn through data.

Sorry, I wasn’t fully focused… If your phone is doing the same thing the OP describes where it is losing the Wi-Fi connection, please open a ticket. It’s not something we’re seeing multiple examples of, but we’ll be glad to troubleshoot with you. Sometimes an app conflict can cause the behavior, and sometimes it’s a network problem, so there’s a substantial amount of troubleshooting to do to try to sort it out.

seaendevour wrote:

I’ve been with Republic Wireless since the beginning. I know how it works. 19 days shows I was incredibly patient.

seaendevour wrote:
30 minutes and no reply. When I first signed up with Republic Wireless 4+ years ago this “self help” community was very different. There would be several replies within a few minutes. Now nothing!

Sounds pretty impatient to me & I been here an awful long time too…19 Days with support is patience I can see that but the volunteers are a different breed of customer… Just asking you to go easy on the community in your anger of your situation.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

My problem wasn’t with volunteers. As I clearly said in an above post that the volunteers have a quicker response time then Republic Wireless’ in-house tech support. I asked for someone to escalate it and to my surprise a reply took longer then it used to. I’m not wrong and I stand by my statement. Years ago a dozen people would have chimed in within minutes but for whatever reason that is obviously no longer the case and I only pointed it out. In the end 19 days is beyond patient, the forum worked as intended and RW pulled through for me.

I am sorry about the wait time! I should have checked sooner.

Nothing to be sorry for! You did a great job. You were the first and the only one to reply until RW got involved. Job well done. Thank you !

2 Likes

Hello @mb2x, southpaw

If you have a minute can I ask you for assistance? Received new phone today and its doing the same thing. I have no idea if I’m doing something wrong. Its very simple to activate but its not happening. Here is what I’m getting.

Step 1 plug in
Step 2 turned on
Step 3 select language (English)
Step 4 phone started checking connection (Reads: this may take up to 2 minutes)

error message (Couldn’t connect to the internet) Never asked me to sign onto internet

Step 5 Clicked "OK"
Step 6 Select available wifi networks
Step 6 Selected my router then Signed on with password
Phone reads: obtaining IP address

Checking Internet connection

Error message (Couldn’t connect to internet)

Step 7 Click (OK)

Screen brings me back to wifi sign in page. It is showing me router is “Connected”

Step 8 Click “Next”

Screen shows Checking internet connection (Reads: this can take up to 2 minutes)

Error message: Couldn’t connect to internet

Only option is to click “OK” and it brings me back to the wifi sign in screen

When I reference the device activation page on your web site it wants me do download the RW app but I need to sign onto internet to get it but I can’t sign on.

Any ideas? I have included this with the ongoing help ticket. If it’s something I’m doing wrong I need to know what it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Message an
Expert customer