Outgoing Calls On Cellular: The number or code you have dialed is incorrect

What phone do you have? Moto X4

What plan are you on? My Choice Talk & Text, no data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Talk & Text only

Issue Description

When I make outgoing calls on cellular I receive the following message “The number or code you have dialed is incorrect.” These are phone numbers saved in my contacts that I use regularly so I am not misdialing and they work fine when I am on WiFi. This started occurring on 9/22/2020 and has been an issue for three different outgoing phone numbers I attempted to call on cellular. I am not aware of any recent changes or updates to my phone.

Please see the help article linked below:

2 Likes

I read your attached resource. I am not having difficulty receiving inbound calls. I received on while driving home today on cellular. I would like to explore solutions other than a factory reset as this represents substantial hassle to re-uploading/re-installing my contacts, photos, apps, etc. The instructions to clear the cache are not for a Moto X4 as the option for Wipe Partition is not listed in the menu on my phone when I follow the steps.

Hi @melanieb.wes8ay,

The article that @cbwahlstrom provided does not recommend a factory reset. It recommends resetting the network settings and clearing the system cache. The only saved information you would lose would be WiFi passwords.

That resolved the issue. Thank you for taking the time to clarify.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer