Oversea Use Question

international

Family is going on a cruise together to Greece and the Adriatic. Family members have various providers: Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, and wife and I are on Republic (she is Moto X1 on refund plan, me on Samsung S7 on 3.0 plan). As a minimum we would like to be able to text one another while ashore. Everyone has North American phone numbers. It appears wife and I will NOT be able to use ours as a cell phone either ashore or aboard ship, but can use shipboard (and ashore hotspot?) wifi to text. Perhaps the Moto X1/refund plan can do this natively, but the S7 will need some special SIM card? What do we need to do to be able to text one another while ashore?

All RW phones will be able to text while on WIFi even your S7.

If you want to use an International SIM in your S7 you could do that too.

There are a lot of different types of International SIM cards around if you want to do so. Read them carefully for restrictions and area they cover and if they roam. I used one that was a roaming SIM, I was able to activate it in US and use it in Germany.

Here is a good Tips & Tricks post on International Travel with your RW phone:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.