Pairing my phone with my car

I am trying to pair my new Moto G4 to my Toyota Prius with no success. It does not recognize the phone as a bluetooth device but the car gives me the icon that says my BT is connected? Anyone have any issues with this??? THANKS

Sharon Rankin

@sharonr.lx27dv

PING@billg should be a wiz at this he has owned a couple Prius’ & bluetooth to it all the time. Lord Billg has been summoned!

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Hi Sharon,

I’ve paired phones with my 2005, 2010 and now 2016 Prius. Pairing sequence was different on each. Which year Prius do you have?

Bill

I have a 2010 Prius that has bluetooth access. I was able to get it to recognize my phone thru the voice commands in “phone setup”…when I called my husband, I could hear him but he could not hear me??? THANKS for your quick response to my plea! Happy New Year too.

Over the 5 years I had my 2010 I paired Motorola phones with an OS ranging from Gingerbread through Lollipop but I didn’t pair one with Marshmallow. With each OS upgrade Motorola tweaked the Bluetooth resulting in slight changes in behavior. Each phone worked properly about 90% of the time.

When I upgraded to the 2016 I had a Moto X (2nd Gen) that worked very poorly with it including having audio in one direction only. I switched to a Samsung S7 (Marshmallow like your G4) and it works flawlessly 100% of the time.

As I mentioned, I can’t speak to Marshmallow with the 2010 but with Lollipop it occasionally lost the contacts directory, my music was interrupted momentarily from time-to-time, the artist/title/album information didn’t update from one song to the next and it took a while to get both the phone and audio (seperate pairings) completed successfully.

I blame Motorola for the problems I had because my iPod always worked flawlessly with the 2010 and my Samsung works flawlessly with my 2016.

Message an
Expert customer