Parental Control Issues

I have the new Ascend phone for both of my kids. I have purchased Net Nanny to help keep them and the phone protected. Net Nanny will not stay “protected” on my kids phone. I have spoken to Net Nanny many times and they cant figure the issue out on their end and believe it is a firewall or security app keeping the Net Nanny app from running all the time, as it should.

I cannot find this firewall or security app they believe the issue is. Has anybody else experienced this and now how to fix it?

You might want to work with Huawei support too as I believe they have modified the Android operating system. Support - HUAWEI Consumer BG - HUAWEI Official Site

Hi @heidir.efdovx,

Unless you installed one, I don’t believe there is a built-in firewall or security app on the Ascend. At least, I’m unable to find one on my Ascend.

You may have already tried this but you should be able to add Net Nanny as a protected app as follows:

1. Tap Settings.
  2. Scroll to then tap Advanced settings.
  3. Tap Battery manager.
  4. Tap Protected apps.
  5. Scroll until you see Net Nanny then slide the toggle to the right.

I didn’t even know that was an option! Thank you a million times over. Your steps did the trick and that is even after talking to the manufacturer who said there wasn’t a fix!

@heidir.efdovx

Maybe you should sell them the fix and split it with my friend @rolandh !

*** ~~ßocephous™ ***

I like your style!

Message an
Expert customer