Paypal verification issue

Hi, I have a 12 year old business account with paypal that I rarely use. Recently though, someone sent a refund to the account. I am trying to attache a bank account to it so that I can withdraw the money, but I continue running into errors saying that they can not verify my account. It seems to be related to my google voice/republic wireless number. I’ve tried both, but they won’t text or call either number. Any ideas? It’s the only phone i have

I have an old business account with PayPal and use Google Voice as my registered number. Have you contacted PayPal help?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been in a live chat with them for the past hour, they have slowly been responding to me, saying, i see that we can’t link that number, i see that your card is expired(it’s not), they don’t seem to know what to do, and have since stopped responding to me.

Hi @russw.ljnder,

I also have a PayPal business account. I have both a Republic and Google Voice number linked to that account. I’m sorry to hear of the difficulty, however, whatever is going on with your numbers does not seem to be the result of their classification as Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) numbers.

1 Like

Hmmm, I don’t know then. They keep saying that they are unable to verify my account, because their system will not accept my number in order to send me an sms. They’ve since asked me to email support. Thanks for the responses though, appreciated it.

I too have an active PayPal Business account that is connected to a GoogleVoice number. I process about a dozen transactions a week through it, and also use the PayPal Business Debit Card without issue.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer