Phone call made from my number?

So I just call a call from some girl saying they just got a call form my number. I didn’t call anyone from my number. I realize I have an underlying sprint number right? But How would it have made a call without me? I am so confused.

If you pocket-dialed a call by accident it should appear in two places. Look in the dialer’s call log and in the Phones section of your RW account. In the RW account call log the times shown for all calls are in UTC time.

I had just barely hung up with my husband a few minutes before, turned it off and set it on the couch next to me. no pocket anything going on. And my phone only has their incoming call. I rarely make calls, most are made to me.

She could be mistaken or someone could be spoofing your number so that their’s doesn’t show. If it was a commercial call this is more likely than if it was a personal call.

I was going to suggest you check your call log on the Account page but when I went to look at it to describe the process there was no call log showing on the page for my account. Turns out this has changed since I last looked at it (quite some time ago.)

If you are logged in – this may require you to re-login if you aren’t on the account the phone is registered to – you can use this link: View Calls & Messages | Republic Wireless

If you aren’t logged in you will need to log in to see your account information. Click the ‘Account’ icon at the top right of the Community page to be redirected. Once on your account page find the green bar underneath the description of your phone that says “I Want To” and the menu there lists the option to view call and message logs.

The website is so awesome it doesn’t even show i received that call. And it wasn’t a commercial call. I just thought it was weird. I do get texts for a Dominic, calls for some other woman. It gets old really…

emilym.c77jcn wrote:

The website is so awesome it doesn’t even show i received that call. And it wasn’t a commercial call. I just thought it was weird. I do get texts for a Dominic, calls for some other woman. It gets old really…

This explains a lot. All RW phones have two numbers, the one you know and an underlying T-Mobile or Sprint number depending on the phone you have. Tell us which phone you have and we will tell you whether it is a T-Mobile number or a Sprint number.

I know this is an issue with the underlying number because the person who said you called her called back to the number that called her. Calls to underlying numbers don’t appear in the call log so we know the call she got came from your underlying number.

If this is an ongoing issue for you open a service ticket and ask for a different underlying number. These days almost all numbers are reused so you might get a good one that or you could get one that used to belong to a deadbeat and gets all manner of collection calls. I’ve had good luck with my underlying numbers, getting only one bad one out of at least a half dozen.

I believe i have a sprint number, since i’ve been with this company right around when the moto g first came out, which is what i have. and i figured it’d probably have something to do with the underlying number, but i don’t get how that number coulda called anyone is all. it just weirded me out a bit. but maybe i will see about getting a new one. i’m tired of calls on behalf of saint mark’s hospital too.

I hope you get a good one!

Message an
Expert customer