Phone has unwanted website imbedded on startup. MotoE4. Choice plan

What phone do you have? MotoE4

What plan are you on? Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Yes, data, too.

Issue Description

Chrome (which I don’t have). www.Chicks On The Right (chicksonright.com) is imbedded on my phone.

AFIK Google Chrome is installed on the majority of Android phones. I just checked my Moto X Pure, and when I ‘Uninstall’ it from the Google Play it just removes all the updates and leaves the downlevel version with the Update tab available.

• You may want to go through this Uninstall/Update cycle to get a fresh copy of Chrome and see if that gets rid of the problem
1 Like

Hi @priscillap.nvdfz8,

Could you tell us a little more about what you’re seeing? How does this embedded website show up on the phone? What part of the start-up process, and do you have to interact with it to make it go away?

What do you mean by “Chrome (which I don’t have)”?

Hi @priscillap.nvdfz8
If you don’t use chrome then click on it go to :dots:, then to settings, scroll to site settings, click all sites, click on each site individually you don’t want and click Clear & Reset…
Someone is using your phone on chrome & clicked on that site and any other you don’t recognize.

Thanks. I will try that.

2 Likes

I submitted a help request to the community, but do not have an answer. The unwanted website is still imbedded on my phone.

• If the answer to both is yes, then you may need to do a Factory Reset in an attempt to resolve

If it is coming from Chrome browser it should be cleared per my instructions. Maybe you missed a step, I followed the path directly from a google settings on my phone.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer