Phone issues on my phones

I have 2 phones that keep asking to install updates. We install them ,and it keeps asking to install. Is this a Setting issue?

Hi @peterf.hew5o5,

More likely, it’s just a matter of your phones having multiple sequential updates to install. Particularly, if these are new phones, it’s not unusual.

1 Like

The one phone is about a year old and the other is about 6 months old.

It’s still most likely these are sequential updates that genuinely need to be installed. There is no setting on the phone that triggers updates. Notice arrives on the phone when the manufacturer sends it. What are the brand, models, and generations of the phones in question?

Moto e 4 plus and Moto g5 plus

Hi @peterf.hew5o5,

If the software build number is changing after each update, these are indeed sequential updates and you’ll just need to keep going until they stop. Here’s how to locate the build number: How to Locate the Phone's Build Number – Republic Help.

If the build number is not changing, I suggest contacting Motorola as the manufacturer not Republic pushes operating system updates to the phone. If necessary, you may contact Motorola here: https://support.motorola.com/us/en/contactus.

1 Like

I will check that out, thanks.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer