Phone & message only problem

I just put my wife on the $10/month unlimited calls and messages with no data. Today was the first time we used it away from WiFi and we could not make or receive calls. It works fine when we have WiFi, but not on cell. The phone is a Moto G3. Can you help?

Can you give us some more info? Where were you when this issue occurred? Did the phone show a signal but not call?

We were in the car and in a store. Phone was on, but not sure what you mean by getting a signal. It was definitely in cell range. Just would not place a call or receive a call. Callers got a message that the the cell phone was not available to receive a call. This phone worked perfectly in our house with WiFi. Also, This was my old phone which I used with cell + data RW 2.0 plan for over a year with no issues.

There are a few steps which tend to clear most issues of this type. Please make sure to take these steps in a place where you have a good wi-fi connection.

1. Restart the phone. If this fixes it, stop.
  2. Reset Republic credentials - Open the dialer, then dial ##8647## while on WiFi. If this fixes it, stop.
  3. Update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) - Go to Settings then System Update then Update PRL
  4. Wipe Sprint settings - open the dialer again and dial ##72786#. (You will get a scary message about things being reset, don’t worry, none of your personal information is impacted, you should say “yes”.)
  5. Update the profile - go to Settings then System Update then Update Profile. (Again while on wifi)
  6. Restart again (If it doesn’t automatically)