Phone not receiving incoming notification sounds-- texting, or anything else

What phone do you have? moto g6

What plan are you on? 2gb

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? all 3

Issue Description

I am using the regular messaging app. All the sudden I stopped being able to receive notifications that I have a text message. Vibrate is not working. And sound hasn’t been able to work for a week or so now. I have looked into all the settings both on the phone, and the app, also made sure battery saver was off. I have tried to restart my phone multiple times and nothing has worked. I am wondering if I need to do a factory reset, but based off some of the other similar topics, it is a hit and miss for people.

Is all sound not working or only notification sounds?

1 Like

Just notification sounds. If someone calls, it still rings. I am also able in the messaging app to select, make a sound when message sends and that works just fine. It’s just incoming messages and other notifications. I wonder if I accidentally said stop receiving notifications or something. It will sometimes let me know I have a message via the icon, but it’s a hit and miss but mostly it does show up.

Could you please try the following:

• Try clear cache
  • Go to Apps > Settings > Sound > Advanced > Default Notification Sound and make sure it is not set to none.
  • Go to Settings > Apps > Messages > Notifications and see what sound is set. If you are using an app different than Messages, go to that app instead.
1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: I don’t receive text messages

Hi @dani.c.jardine

Are you still having notification issues?

I have been following this notification sound issue on the G6.
I have seen it here on the Republic board, on Reddit, on Moto’s board and now one of my parents phones (not on RW but it’s a G6).

When I finally got my hands on my moms phone I was able to test further.
In her case and in others I’ve read about, it seems that it is the FIRST notification sound that comes in that is at a VERY low volume.
In other-words, when she gets a phone call, (not a text) it too would have a very faint, first notification sound but the second and later rings are back to normal volume level. A text, only having a single onetime sound notification only gives out the low volume sound and thus is easy to miss.
I have yet to figure this out as the issue is erratic.
By chance have you noticed this with your phone?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer