Phone not ringing for very long

I have a Samsung S10 currently but had this issue on my previous phones as well (Moto). When I am at home and get a call my phone will only be audible for maybe 5-10 seconds which does not get me much time to answer. The person calling ends up getting my voicemail. I have asked the callers about how long my phone rang before sending them to my voicemail and they always say several. I have reset the network connections which included Bluetooth and this has had no effect. I also reset my cell service and has had no effect. It is frustrating because sometimes I am on call for work.

Hi @kevins.k2y5wk and welcome to the Member Community. Want to make sure that when you say you have “reset cell service” you mean you have followed the steps in How to Refresh the Republic Wireless Activation – Republic Help

And does this happen on both WiFi and cell?

Does it make any difference if the phone is plugged into a charger?

Understand the frustration. Hopefully our Members can help solve this with you.

Yes I reset the activation. I don’t get a lot of calls but it seems to happen at home and I should be on WiFi. It is not plugged in when it happens. Although I only have it plugged in at night and don’t get many calls then.

Hi @kevins.k2y5wk - it looks like you have checked the items from this support note Incoming Calls Ring Once (Or Twice) Then Disconnect – Republic Help

The article is based on Samsung 3.0 phones, and since you said you also experienced the problem on your old Moto, it makes me wonder if you’re running up against Androids Doze Mode. Doze mode turns off WiFi after a time. Doze mode is disabled if the phone is plugged in. That’s why I asked the questions about WiFi/cell and if this happens when phone is on a charger. As a troubleshooting step, you could try leaving the phone plugged into the charger during the time you get more calls. If the calls ring through through consistently it could point to a possible Doze issue.

You might want to read through the following Tips & Tricks article about Doze. Managing Doze Mode - (phone is on WiFi) calls via cell | calls go to voicemail | calls are missed

Assume you do not have any battery-saving apps installed or battery saver enabled on the phone.

We run a simple macro on our Moto G6s that seems to address the issue. Hopefully others will jump in with other ideas too!

Message an
Expert customer