Phone number has mysteriously changed on Samsung phone

Phone number has mysteriously changed. had same number and service for several years. I have galaxy A34. My daughter texted me yesterday. I called her back, she answered but told me the incoming number was not mine. My number is■■■■■■■■■■■■ She said the number coming in when I called was■■■■■■■■■■■■ I called again to verity.

Any guess of whats up?

Hi @johnt66M and welcome to the community. I’d start by refreshing the Republic Wireless activation.

Others might have some suggestions to. Come on back if this doesn’t help.

Don’t understand yoyr response.I have been republic customer for years. Also have this particular phone woeking fine for at least 5 months

in simple term it sounds like the underlying number is being displayed rather than you republic number the fix should be to refresh the VOIP republic activation (which @freddyp linked to the instructions

1. Make sure the phone is connected to WiFi
  2. Open the Phone app
  3. Open the dial pad (if it isn’t already open), and dial *** # * # 8647 # * # ***
  • On all phones except Samsung Galaxy phones, the numbers will disappear after the last asterisk (*) is dialed.
  • Note: On Samsung Galaxy phones, you will need to press the dial button
  • Note: There are no spaces between any of these characters
  1. If any on-screen prompts to adjust network settings or ask for permissions, follow and allow
  2. Wait about a minute and then power the phone off and back on
  • Note: On some phones you will be prompted when to restart

have done so

Thanks for letting us know.

Did that fix the problem or is it recurring?

Sorry. had an appointment. Afetr doing this, no change. Phone still showing changed incorrect phone number. Any other thots?

1 Like

You might try this:

1 Like

will work on this

1 Like

I have same issue on galaxy 8 phone, but only with texting.

Hi @ritam.11voaw and welcome to the Member Community. In addition to the support notices already referenced above you might see if this one for texts only helps –

Having the RCS char feature enabled can also cause issues. See if this helps –

Hope these help.

1 Like

did the uninstall and reinstall. thanks. that worked

4 Likes

Thanks, but Google was my texting app and I had already done this.

Rita