Phone number problem

Info

Phone Brand : Motorola
Phone Model : Moto X (2nd generation)
Plan : WiFi and Cell talk and text and 3G Datat (Moto X (2nd Gen.)
Plan Data : Do you have data on cell Yes

Issue Description:

I have been getting phone calls from creditors. Not mine but some guy named Brian Bealer. I have called back and let them know that they have the wrong person and when they ask what my phone number is, they have no record. For awhile it was just one creditor and now today it is another one. I do not have credit cards at any of these companies. I am suspicious of someone somehow connecting their phone number which would be totally different to mine. In the days of party lines and land lines we would say that the lines got crossed. I do not even know if it is possible for someone to be able to randomly pick someone ele’s phone number and connect your number with theirs, but that is the only explaination I can think of. I would really not want get a new number, what a hassle, but unless there is another solution, that is what I will be doing. Help!

0 Likes

You are probably getting calls to your underlying Carrier phone (in this case Sprint), see the following for full details. Provided by a fellow community supporter @carlh

2 Likes

Hi @cater
Check out @jben’s excellent advice first!
If the underlying number becomes a real issue a support ticket or in the chat the number can be changer. Just remember it’s russian roulette and you may get a good clean number Or a number 10 times worse that the one you have. Odds are a new number is worth a try.

0 Likes

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer