Phone number transfer between two phones already open in Republic Wireless accounts?

I started my own plan with a new phone and new number. I’m giving my old phone (with an existing number) to another family member who wants to transfer their number to my old phone. Since both phones (my old one and family member) are open through Republic Wirless is it possible to transfer that number? I tried checking the the number through the Republic Wireless to see if it was possible to change, but it said it couldn’t…

Hi @lisaj.9w6ir7

This is a easy fix if I am understanding correctly. If you have already activated the new phone, that may have automatically deactivate your old phone. If the family member is already on RW, all that needs to be done is activate your old phone as an upgrade/replacement to the family members current service line…(as long as it is not a DefyXT).

What is confusing me is when you state "my own plan, with new phone and new number". Do you mean my own Account, with new phone and new number?.. (Is the family member remaining on a existing account or going to be on your account?)

The advice given above should still work, I just want to be certain I am understanding the situation.

It would be helpful to know specifically which two phones are involved in case there are other considerations to be addressed.

I tried checking the the number through the Republic Wireless to see if it was possible to change, but it said it couldn’t…

Good evening @lisaj.9w6ir7 ,

Since your family member’s number is already an active RW number the checker says it can’t be transferred, I just verified using my number. Your situation is different so forget what the number checker indicated.

Your old phone needs to be deactivated on the other plan then it can be reactivated as a replacement for the other FMs phone on that account.

Activate | Republic Wireless

Message an
Expert customer