Why does my phone echo when I’m talking to someone
Echo is something that is always present on all phones, wireline or wireless. It is something that has been around forever. To understand it, it is necessary to know some of the following:
- Who hears the Echo, far end (them) or near end (you)?
- Is this present on Cell, WiFi or both?
- make a call to someone on WiFi and then when the level of Echo is determined, handover the call to Cell (setting in RW app required)
- Is it better or worse?
- Sometimes, just turning down your volume will help
- WiFi can tend to introduce additional delay in the call path, which will make it worse … tune up your WiFi with a run through the Quick Start part of WiFi 1st - Maximize your WiFi/Router - Community Guide
Post back what you determine
Does this occur primarily on speaker phone? There was a problem with early releases of Android 7.1.1 that caused echo on speaker phone with the Nexus 6. It was fixed with the March 2017 security update. You might wish to update to the latest version of Android for the Nexus 6 if this is the case.