Phone replacement hell

After taking my Moto x in a pool with me I started the painfull process of replacement. As bad as it has been on my pocket, it has been much worse on my patience! First, I had an old refund plan and found out I either had to accept a refurbished phone with virtually no warranty or buy a new one and have to upgrade to a new plan. Once that decision was made, after numerous messages, I finally got my new phone and now can’t get it activated. When I get to the section about activating it my login will not work. Obviously I can log in as I am on this site so I can’t figure out what the problem is. I even tried to recover my password but get a screen that says they will text me a code to the phone that I am trying to activate! I do have a ticket open (1052167) but no response to my last message. While I am not a wizard at the latest technology, I did just retire from a job at tech support for building automation. Just sign me off as Frustrated!

The chat now button is available right now, so maybe you would prefer to use it at this minute. Make sure you tell them you have an open support ticket.

Republic Help

Hi @antonm.sbn8eq,

Obviously I can log in as I am on this site so I can’t figure out what the problem is. I even tried to recover my password but get a screen that says they will text me a code to the phone that I am trying to activate!

Your Republic Wireless account does not offer to text you a code, so whatever that is, it’s not related to your being able to sign in here. That may be the google account you’re trying to sign into during the initial Android setup of the phone.

I see in your ticket that you chatted with support last night and will be getting help from our team later this morning, so I won’t try to troubleshoot further here, as that may confuse matters all the more.

It sounds like you have 2 step verification turned on in your Google account. Go here:

https://myaccount.google.com/security?utm_source=OGB&pli=1#signin

Under Password and Sign in Method, turn 2 step verification Off.

Message an
Expert customer