Phone switches to GMT time zone from GMT-6 despite clearing app and phone caches

What phone do you have?
Moto G 3rd Gen
What plan are you on?
Refund
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Data, talk and text

Issue Description

My phone has recently started changing to GMT time zone from GMT-6 for an unknown reason. It is set to “Auto” time zone mode. It happened once or twice over the past month or two, but it’s happened for a few days in a row now. I have cleared the Android System cache (outlined here) as well as All Installed App Caches (here)

I did both of those yesterday, and the time zone was then correct (GMT-6). An hour ago it changed again to GMT. FWIW, it seems like it switches in the late morning (between 10 and noon). I’m pretty sure there have been times where it corrected itself after a few hours, but I don’t recall anything more specific.
Thoughts?

It fixed itself maybe an hour ago…and now it’s back to GMT again…

One of the comments in this thread claims that they fixed their problem by updating their PRL and Profile
https://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m7/291916-automatic-time-zone-date-clock-wrong-2.html

Hi @Peregrine,

Have you been able to get your phone to stay in the right time zone? Did the suggestions @amitl sent help?