Phone transfer complete but texts are still going to Republic phone

Info

<NOTE: PLEASE REMOVE THE < > MARKS BEFORE POSTING OR YOUR ANSWERS WILL BE HIDDEN>
Phone Brand: Motorola
Phone Model: Moto G
Phone Generation: 3rd
Plan: not sure
Plan Option: WiFi and Cell Talk and Text

##Issue Description

I transferred my phone number to Verizon Wireless and received the text saying that the number porting was complete. My calls and texts are coming through except for the calls and texts from other Republic users; those are still coming through on my Republic phone. Additionally, when I log in to Republic Wireless, it shows that my plan and phone number are still active. Do I need to cancel my service even though my number should have transferred? Any insights, suggestions, or help in any form are appreciated.

0 Likes

It can take a day or so after the transfer out for our automation to cncel service and pull you from our servers to take affect.

0 Likes

Phone transfers

Hi @emmam.wud9vi

Once your number has been transferred to a different provider, your Republic Wireless service line will automatically be canceled and your account will be closed if no other service lines are active on the account.

Porting is highly automated, I’m guessing it’s just taking a little time to transude through the systems.

0 Likes

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer