Phone transfers

activation

Bought moto G5play to replace dying Moto X. Transfer was complete except from what I read in your forum was that once transfer was complete, old phone would be did-engaged. They are both currently operational. As for your new forum, it is seriously making me think about US cellular again. One hell of a lot less head aches.

Hi Kevin,

Have you tried restarting both phones? Sometimes this will disengage old phone. Likewise, sometimes there is a gap when both phones would be active (for a few hours) where one could receive text… other calls.

I’d restart both phones first.

Best,
Finch

Hi @kevin

It may take a little time to completely deactivate. Not really a problem, just turn the Moto X off.

Here is another post from earlier today… Phone transfer complete but texts are still going to Republic phone

I hope this is the problem you are referring to. If not please accept my apologies.

The phone will still be operational even if disconnected. It can work as a tablet even though it will not be able to make calls or text. I only see the G5 on your account so the other phone looks like it is deactivated. What made you think it was still active? What does it say on that phone when you try to open the Republic App?

We love comments about the forum and are always trying to make it better. What is it you do not like about our new forum?We tried to keep it very simple using the standard Material design you see on apps in Android. The home page basically has a search (top right), on the left is a list of main categories and the right is a list of the latest activity in the forum. After that read our welcome topic the rest is commentary.

2 posts were split to a new topic: What is my account and pin

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.