Phone verification unsuccessful

What phone do you have? An old Moto G and a NEW Moto G Stylus.

What plan are you on? Basic

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? One of each Stylus had data

Issue Description

When outside entities need to verify my phone they are unsuccessful in reaching it. Sometimes I'm told it's not a mobile phone, other times I'm simply told it's not listed in the Nexus Lexus files. I cannot forward or hold my mail without the recognition of one of these phones.

Hi @terris.2eie6v,

It’s not a matter of being unable, it’s a matter of being unwilling. Please allow me to provide some context. Republic numbers are Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). Republic’s use of VoIP is part of the nature of its’ blended WiFi/cell service.

Some service providers object to VoIP numbers because according to the FCC, they are landlines (wireline is the more correct industry term) and these providers believe VoIP numbers are incapable of receiving text messages. There is nothing Republic can do to change this regulatory classification. As you know, your Republic number is fully capable of receiving both calls and text messages.

Other service providers believe VoIP numbers are a security risk. They are wrong about this, however, Republic cannot control the policy decisions of others.

You might consider asking the service provider(s) in question about whitelisting (making an exception for) your Republic number.

I’m curious if you don’t mind sharing, which folks object to this?

This would be the USPS?

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer