Phone will not answer

What phone do you have?
I have a Moto g7 play.

What plan are you on?
I have the plan with 1gb data, talk and text.

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Talk, text and data

Issue Description

About half the time when I have an incoming call I swipe up on the green phone icon, the screen goes white for a couple seconds and goes back to the incoming call screen. It never answers. Sometimes it answers properly, so I know I am swiping up correctly. As far as I know I am current on all updates.

Possibly a screen protector or dirty screen is causing the problem?
And have you powered off/on the phone since seeing this problem?

This has been going on for several months. I have powered off and on many times.

I don’t think it’s a dirty screen protector because the green phone icon slides up with my finger motion, it just doesn’t answer.

The only other thing that I would suggest would to boot the phone up in Safe Mode to help eliminate problems that can be caused by 3rd party apps.

Hi @davidz.6mo12a,

Can you please try running a hardware test for the touchscreen?
You can do that by going to your apps and running the Device Help app.

The tap on Device diagnosis…

Then tap on Hardware Test…

Tap on and run the Touchscreen test…

It will look like this:

The idea is to run your finder over the grey squares (they will change color), along the outside of the frame to make sure the screen is registering your touch.

Please let us know if that is successful or not :crossed_fingers: :slight_smile:

Another option I would try is clearing the cache and storage of the phone app.

You can clear them by going into the phone settings> apps and notifications and taping on the phone app. Then tap on storage and cache…

Then clear both:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It reports that it is working properly. I really don’t think there is a problem with the touch screen, because, as I said, the phone icon moves up the screen with my finger.

I will clear the cache and see if that helps.

Thank you.

Hi @davidz.6mo12a,

Are you still having issues answering your Moto G7 Play? :thinking:

Message an
Expert customer