Phone won't activate

What phone do you have? Moto G4

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? talk & text

Issue Description

My current phone broke (Moto G6) and I am trying to activate my old phone (Moto G4). My Moto G4 still has the same SIM card as when I previously used, but now when I go to activate it, it says it is an invalid SIM card. I am still on the same plan, just talk & text, as when I used my G4. Is there a reason it is saying it is an invalid SIM card? I tried taking it out and putting it back in.

Hi @brysons,

The SIM card from the G4 expired 20 days after it was de-activated. It can no longer be used.

Is the SIM card from your G6 available? If so, you can use it in the G4, with a little care. The G6’s SIM card will be smaller than the G4’s SIM card. But the G4’s SIM card has a little plastic frame around it. Pop the center out of the G4’s SIM card, and the pop the G6 SIM card into that “frame” and it will then fit in the G4.

Here’s a diagram to better explain:

Your G6’s SIM card is the Nano Size.
The G4 is the Micro.
https://forums.republicwireless.com/uploads/short-url/yr3pwWistbUoSW8zMEyhihPFHDK.jpg

3 Likes

Perfect, this worked. I didn’t realize SIM cards expired. Thank you for the help!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer