Phones with the best cameras?

I have the Moto E and would like to upgrade to a better phone with more space and a much better camera. Which phones under $500 have the best cameras? In what order? Also is it worth spending more than $500 to get a phone that may or may not have a better camera? Thanks for your help!

Hi @katee.z2lr2w!

Well, the G4 Plus is under $500 and does have a good camera. The Nexus 6P also has a pretty good camera (although more expensive than the G4 Plus, it will get timely Android updates). If you want a superb camera, you will have to pay for it (and its going to be over $500). I would recommend the Google Pixel and the Galaxy S7/S7 edge. Both of those phones’ cameras are excellent and very similar (the Pixel may just edge out the s7-no pun intended ). You could also go with the S6 which also has a decent camera (although horrible battery life from what I hear). Ultimately, the decision is up to you on which one to buy and whether or not it’s worth the extra money. If you tend to pay attention to fine details and must have good-looking low-light photos, you will have to pay more for it. If you want one that fits the budget and takes good photos for its price, go with the G4 plus. I am sure others will give their opinions as well! Hope that helps!

mb2x

keep in mind the Pixels are BYOD and GSM coverage only at this time

Thanks for the suggestions!!

No problem! Let us know which one you decide on !

Is the Moto X Force a version of the Moto X Pure? Are they two totally different phones? I’m using a photo comparison website that compares the camera images of different phones and only see Moto X Force.

Also, the Moto Z Play looks like it has a good camera too, about the same as G4 Plus. Would you agree or is that not the case?

Moto X Force is a total different model that is not supported by Republic

(it’s a International phone as the US version is a Verizon exclusive as the Droid Force)

It looks like the specs of both lenses are nearly indenticle (from the research I just did). That would lead me to guess that Motorola is using the same sensor. However, that may not actually be the case. I would say that they both have pretty good cameras for the price range. Much better than my Moto X2 (which takes some really nasty photos). Obviously not as good as the S7s and Pixels, but, then again, they aren’t in the same price range .

Specification wise I think you will find the Moto X Pure has the best camera. All camera results vary depending on a users photographic skill/experience/knowledge. Play store has some apps available to enhance some user experiences.

If a typical mobile phone user wanting decent pictures there are many reviews available with a web search.

Between the Moto X Pure, Moto Z Play, Moto G Plus (4th gen.), and Nexus 6P, would you say the Moto X Pure has the best camera then?

Between the Moto X Pure, Moto Z Play, Moto G Plus (4th gen.), and Nexus 6P, would you say the Moto G Plus (4th gen) has the best camera then?

That is a tough choice! The G4 Plus and the Moto Z Play both use the same sensor (from what I read), so the cameras are identical. All of those cameras are good. From the ratings I have seen online, the Nexus 6p would probably be the winner. The 6p shoots better low-light photos than the Moto X Pure, and the ratings are better on the Nexus 6P camera than the Moto Z Play and G4 plus. You can take a look as where I am getting the ratings here: Compare Motorola Moto Z Play vs Motorola Moto G4 Plus vs Huawei Google Nexus 6P vs Motorola Moto X Style Size, Specs, Ca…. Also, with the 6p, you will get regular Android updates.Hope that helps!

mb2x

It’s my opinion the X Pure has the best camera among those. The other phones mentioned have cameras that are far better than a Moto E. You may want to look at the phone’s full specs at the Moto site and see it has many other nice features as well. I’ve enjoyed mine and can vouch for the camera.

Moto X Pure Edition (2015) - Unlocked Smartphone - Motorola

any opinion on moto G5plus?

If I want to blow up pictures to 16 x 24 would it still have good quality?

Question about the back camera on the Moto g5splus - mine came with no protective cover and I have taken a couple of blurry pics. My thought was that there was the protective film on it but none…is there a best way to keep this large camera circle clean? Immediately out of box the protective screen cover and case went on…but I find it odd that this is a huge issue with this new phone,ideas?