Pixel 3a, no sending text video message

I have a Google Pixel 3a, the My Choice with data plan which includes talk, text, and data (2gb).

I have had this phone since May and have never been able to send a video I took in the text program. I am using Republic Anywhere. It will take a video, and I can watch it after I took it, but once I try to send it, it will never send. Also, once I try to send it, I get a message that it is unavailable. Looking on the internet, people seem to feel via Google’s website that one would be silly to do this, I should just take a normal video and share a link from an uploaded video, but I don’t use any of those services. I would just like to send a text video like I could with my previous phone.

Has this option gone away, even though I can still record a video through the program?

Edited to add I can receive text videos.

Thanks!
James

Issue Description

[Here is one reason that the use of email + attachment is recommended for video

Interesting. So the texting program isn’t self limiting? Is there a known time limit? I really like the text option. I didn’t have data on my previous phone, is that possibly why I never experienced it then? How can I know how big a text video is?

Thanks for the above info!

No, that wouldn’t be related. Newer phones take much higher resolution videos resulting in much larger files, resulting in this issue.

With today’s phone cameras and the associated file sizes, seconds, at most.

Message an
Expert customer