Pixel 3XL does not let me answer calls. I swipe it up and get a blank white screen

What phone do you have?

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

First thing to try is go to the Settings App on the Phone, find Apps and then the Phone App. Click in to it there and then select the “Clear Data” option. Allow it to clear the data and then restart your phone. Does it work properly to answer calls after that?

There is no clear data option when I go to the phone app. This doesn’t happen all the time; but it has happened twice.

Sorry, you have to click Storage and then you’ll see the “Clear storage” button.

Ok thanks, I’ll try that.

1 Like

When I click clear storage, it tells me that I’m going to lose a lot of stuff, so I clicked on clear cache. We’ll see if that works. I’ll have to keep an eye on it for a couple of days and let you know.

You can safely clear storage, you won’t actually lose anything.

Well it says all the app’s data will be deleted permanently, including all files, settings, accounts, databases, etc. What does all that mean exactly?

It means that all files, settings, accounts, databases etc will be deleted. The good news, is the only thing that the phone app stores locally is your call history. So that’s the only thing there is to lose.

Okay, I’ll do it. Thanks for your help Louis.

@janicem.5rzxej Any recurrence of the issue you were having?

No, so far so good!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer