Pixel 4a problems

What phone do you have? Pixel 4a

What plan are you on? my choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? data

Issue Description

I am having several problems with my new phone and need help to determine which things I need to trouble shoot with RW and which with Google. I have fixed a few things by following instructions I found in searches. I’m getting close to my date for returning the phone.

Had a chat with google a couple weeks ago about other issues. Everything is updated, etc.

Most of these things happen intermittently:

1. Not getting calls or texts when on a call. The phone not ringing and not receiving missed call notifications. The missed call is not listed in the history either. This has happened both when I’ve been using the phone for a call or other app and also when the phone is not being used and is sitting right beside me. It is intermittent. At times I only know about missing the call if someone tells me later so I can’t know how often it happens. Sometimes I will get several missed call notifications and text messages all at once after I hang up the phone.
  2. Calls dropping when on a conference call.
  3. Missing some of the texts when in a group text. I use republic anywhere for my texting app.
  4. Often when I start to use my phone there will be a few things that say something like “updating voice mail”, updating x". Used to have a moto, not sure if this is a normal google thing.

Thanks for any help you can offer. Have to decide if I need to return the phone soon.
Wendy

Message an
Expert customer