Placing order from RW store

I would like to up grade my my wife’s current RW phone from RW store. It’s supposed to be a surprise, so I was trying to do so from my phone, and order her upgraded phone from my RW account. I found that doing so was not possible
Please advise as to the best way to accomplish this.
Thanks in advance!

Hi @johna.gfp11e,

At the moment, we’re asking current members who want to move to our 5.0 plans to place orders on a new account.
Log out of your Republic account and use a browser to navigate to the online store.
Make your plan and phone purchase selection.
When you are going through checkout, instead of signing in with your current Republic Account, create a new account. This requires you to use a new e-mail address that’s not currently associated with a Republic Wireless account.
When you are ready to activate the phone, you’ll move the number to it from the current account as if you were transferring it in from another provider. Activation on 5.0 is not done in the Republic app, it’s a new process in the Account Portal.

Well, that’s easy enough, and very clear instructions.
On a side note, I can’t think of any reason not to move to the 5.0 plans, as it’s far more expansive than previous plans, and the option to get more/spend less :slightly_smiling_face:
You’ve been very helpful in the past, and this response is no exception! Merry Christmas!

4 Likes