Plan 2.0 refund problem

I just checked my bill for the past 3 months which has been winter here and notice data usage ! My phone has never left the house and its always on WIFI Does SMS use data ?

Hi @rickt!

Welcome back!

Any data used by the Republic App and any data used by texting or calling does not count towards your data allotment so it’s not that.

Have you experienced any Wi-Fi downtime in the last few months? Additionally what phone do you have?

Can you go into your phone and check what apps have used cellular data?

1 Like

Home WiFi can being up can vary from time to time:

1 Like

I have a Moto X 2nd gen there is settings to turn off Mobile data I get a warning the SMS or MMS will suffer. Since my phone is in my office and I never use it to surf the internet at home and it hasn’t left home for 3 months. I have unlimited Talk and text so why the data usage ?

App usage is coming from Republic Telephony 331kb , com.motorola.ccc 1 49.32kb , Android OS 32.64kb , Google Services 25.15kb and Republic Wireless 7.64kb so if they are using data how do the plans that have NO DATA work with out it ?

That’s like a penny worth of data. Are you even being charged for it?

April 1st
Republic Refund™

$-3.44

Service Credit

$-1.21

Data Credit

$-0.75

Republic Refund Base Plan

$13.75

0.5GB of Cellular Data

$7.50

Sub Total

i Show Taxes

$15.85

March 1st
Service Credit

$-1.22

0.5GB of Cellular Data

$7.50

Republic Refund™

$-6.62

Data Credit

$-0.75

Republic Refund Base Plan

$13.82

Sub Total

i Show Taxes

$12.73

There is some data that is allowed. The data that’s allowed is essential data to make Republic work (including the Republic app). You will never be charged for data used by the Republic app or data used for calling or texting. These would be things like: Republic telephony and Republic Wireless.

Have a look at some of the tips from Jben above. Additionally, are those “apps” that you mentioned (most services) listed when you go into the Republic app to view apps that have used cellular data? Are there any different apps listed?

The RW app for @rickt’s phone is different as it is not a 3.0 phone, (this I did not know at the time I added the comment)

1 Like

No other apps only the ones I listed

Hi @rickt!

Thanks for the reply. Did this just start happening in the past few months or has it been like this for a wile? I am assuming you have been using the phone for a while?

So that would seem to indicate you used some data in March (I think). Go change the date range on the phone’s mobile data usage to March and see what used the data.

This is the first winter I know my phone never left the house is when I noticed

Ok. So you recently activated this device (as in the last 6 months)?

March 1st to the 31st total is 201kb

Open a ticket regarding billing.

If the phone used data, it’s really not a billing question.

1 Like

If it used 201 kb, that’s less than a penny.

Its not a penny I was charged 88 cents its not alot but I dont like getting ripped off

Message an
Expert customer