Plans To Support Moto e6 In BYOP / Store?

I know the e6 is a fairly new phone, but I would gladly hold out for it if it were in the process of being put on the BYOP list. I currently own a Moto g1 that I bought from Republic in 2013, but the screen recently cracked and I don’t know how much longer it’s going to hold up. This thing is tough and small, two key features that are hard to find these days.

I love the idea of getting a g6 or g7, but honestly, they’re a little on the large side, and the all glass body is too risky for me to commit to. I think republic would benefit from offering a few highly durable, smaller sized handsets with stock Android on board. The e6 looks like a great candidate.

The basic answer is we don’t know. Republic doesn’t say until it says. If history has anything to say, as long as Moto releases the phone in a US factory unlocked version, it will come to Republic. That said, there are no guarantees…

2 Likes

Fair enough. Is there a page we could go to see future plans / updates from Republic?

They don’t really share future plans. Updates are posted as announcements here: Announcements & News - Member Community

3 Likes

Hi @frankp.0vkwa7, you can also use the “Notify” button at the top of the #news page to make sure you are notified when something new is posted in the category.

I’ll try to remember to reply in this thread as well, if/when any E6 news is available. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @frankp.0vkwa7,

We’ve now announced support for the Moto E6 for BYOP.

4 Likes
Message an
Expert customer